Wyoming unit 52

bhuntin

I drew this tag and am very much looking forward to the hunt. I wanted to see if there was anyone from the area or who has had the tag in the past that would be willing to send me PM regarding general road conditions for the area and how your overall hunt experience was. My wife is also coming with and I would appreciate any recommendations for other things to do in the Saratoga area. We will probably go to the hot springs, but curious what other things we should look at doing while we are in the area. We love to hike and enjoy all other general outdoor activities. Thanks in advance!

Where you coming from? The Encampment Museum is nearby and worth a look. You'll be a long the Western Expansion Trails, so plenty of history roadside. Lots of rock hounding in the area as well. You can head to Medicine Bow and see the The Virginian. Laramie has a couple of smaller museums.

We've hunted it in the past. Seemed to vary a lot from year to year but always seen goats. Believe it or not we killed ours way up near national forest boundary on blm. I understand that the winter of 22-23 was really bad that year especially for antelope. Plenty of roads and 2 tracks to access the area

Appreciate the responses. I'll be coming from Wisconsin. I heard the winter of 22/23 was bad and that numbers are down but decided to apply anyway. Can't take points with you and I decided I just want to go have a fun time in WY. I've been looking at 52 for quite a while and looked like it had a lot of things that I was looking for. I'm just hoping for a great experience and if I'm lucky some quality meat and stories to take with me.

There's a staggering, truly staggering amount of detailed information on this unit and this hunt, and every piece of information you're requesting here on Hunt Talk, and on Rokslide, and on I-fish, and on every hook-n-bullet website in every state. You don't need to request a PM, it's all open-source and already out there.

Been a few years since I hunted it, but never had an issue finding antelope. If you have time, book a float down the river. Or go hike/explore in the Snowy Range. If your timing is right you can shoot some sage grouse, and if you hunt up near the forest boundary you may find some blue grouse.

We've hunted it in the past. Seemed to vary a lot from year to year but always seen goats. Believe it or not we killed ours way up near national forest boundary on blm. I understand that the winter of 22-23 was really bad that year especially for antelope. Plenty of roads and 2 tracks to access the area
Same area I shot mine in that unit. I came in from NF side. My tag was a type 2, southern portion of the unit only.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back