Wyoming moose

Thanks for the education gentlemen. Sorry about that Bob!
I picked that up listening to the youtube season setting meetings for the Laramie region. It's also in the regs.

I think a majority of the cow moose will come out of 38.

Hunting in 41 won’t do you much good with a 38 tag in your pocket…they are separate areas this year.
if you had read my previous posts you would know im 69, old fat and tired...be careful what you write to old people, you about gave me another heart attack...i dont have room for anymore stents!!!! anyway you owe me a beer, hopefully i can collect it in the rustic on oct 2...it would have been a huge burden to cross the valley to 38 haha...thanks for your posts

Throwing me under the bus?
Bob you will have a fun hunt like Buzz stated.
Plenty of cow moose, just look close for a calf first.

Wyoming 18.jpgWyoming 19.jpgWyoming 20.jpg

This guy wandered through our camp about 25 yards from the cookhouse in southern Wyoming a couple of years ago. He was pretty docile, but the cow and calf that showed up later made late-night restroom runs a little more interesting.

I’m gonna blame Pam. She mentioned that the three areas had been busted up. Obviously she meant for bulls. I just need to learn how to read.
man i get it...my wife has killed ant,deer, elk, and oryx, but since we got grandkids i dont listen to her anymore...the truth is no longer on her lips...you gotta make your own way...its hell getting old

Couple trail cam pics. Maybe he doesn't have the makings of a big bull like I said before. Hope to bump into him this year, he's just cool and he was pretty patterned in the past. Also, couple of bonus bears from the same spot.
Great pics

View attachment 329353View attachment 329354View attachment 329355

This guy wandered through our camp about 25 yards from the cookhouse in southern Wyoming a couple of years ago. He was pretty docile, but the cow and calf that showed up later made late-night restroom runs a little more interesting.
Howdy Shelltowee,

I found a bull right off hwy 230 2 mile W of Woods Landing that lookedIMG_9036.jpeg similar to this bull. Was yours near there? Icould never get a clear view (or archery shot) though. Ended up taking mine off of Jelm

have settled on 41 for cow moose...gotta a cousin to camp with...hes 88 and still stays 30 days in the hills! he goes in early and scouts, he has a cow elk permit...he cooks good grouse with gravy,my wife was embarrassed when i ate it...he knows the country well...we are pulling a toy hauler with living quarters and atvs which we may not need...my buds will drive the colorado springs/denver cluster...my goal is to kill early and take the moose to the locker and then take them to emcampment/ saratoga for food and drinks for a couple of days...im sure they will want to go again cuz ive got 9 deer points in 81...its getting down to the nut cuttin...thanks to the 2 that sent me pins in 38, hope i dont have to use them...will post pics...

Last edited:
Good to hear you have a plan together and some help.
Hope to see those happy moose hunts pics in Oct !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonThayne
Back