Wyoming Hunt before the die off of 2022-23

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Those of you who subscribe to Fresh Tracks+ have already seen the polished version of this Wyoming pronghorn hunt. This is about two months before the intense winter of 2022-23. The number of pronghorn in this video is insane.

I talked to hunters who had the tag in 2023. Their reports of pronghorn numbers in this unit are depressing. I hope this season we filmed wasn't "the last of the good old days" and that pronghorn recover in Wyoming.

After the hunt, Matthew has examined video of a few of the bucks he passed. In retrospect, he now agrees that his old man wasn't completely off his rock. Yet, two months prior he shot a whopper in Nevada, so he wasn't in any hurry to shoot anything.

We got this buck aged at Matson's Lab here in Montana. It was 7.5 years old. Pretty damn old for a pronghorn buck. Makes me wonder if he would have made the winter.

For all of you who are subscribed to Fresh Tracks+, thanks for your support. I hope you win one of the big prizes we are giving away in the Annual Appreciation Giveaway that is currently underway.

Headed to WY for Pronghorn next week. We were there for a Muley hunt two years ago and saw enough PH to put it on the list. They should have done OK but I'm still a little anxious.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emma817
Back