Why coyotes need managed

Yup! I like to 25-06 the 'yotes.

Rough on the fur, but I'm just trying to thin 'em out anyway. The 25-06 is my primary mule deer rifle, so it's good field practice for me as well.

Regards, Guy

They’re arguably this country’s best renewable resource. I’m skeptical, to say the least, that we can effectively manage them with our current tools in the toolbox.

I say that as someone that calls coyotes every winter.

Does your state have a shortage of whitetails?

Nothing wrong with some predation, and nothing wrong with shooting some coyotes either.

There are no limits on the number of coyotes you can hunt and kill, nor are there state-imposed regulations for weapon use for hunting coyotes. If you decide you want to skin coyotes that you hunt and kill and profit from the sales, then you must obtain a trapping license from the state.

No season and no limit yet coyote numbers never seem to go down.
Are there really states where coyotes are protected in some way?

They’re arguably this country’s best renewable resource. I’m skeptical, to say the least, that we can effectively manage them with our current tools in the toolbox.

dedication will always get the job done, 24/7 will do it
took me a year to decimate the rabbits on my oz property

White people have been trying to eradicate song dogs since they landed on Plymouth Rock. So far, the coyotes have won, admirably. I once heard a big wig in the animal sciences who was looking at ways to reduce predation on livestock describe the situation as "trying to dig a hole in the ocean."

Everybody loves veal, except for vegetarians. Good for the old trickster for getting a meal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banana Bob
Back