PEAX Equipment

Whatever happened to ACTUALLY the meaning of this title???

Lov2hunt

I think, maybe we'll before my time, and I'm 56, that hunters welcomes others by their fire, so to say. Unfortunately, those days are well behind us. Those that have experience, or a spot they like keep a distance from those who want to just be friendly while not taking advantage. While I'm not generalizing, that's been my personal experience. From the somewhat experienced, all the way to the moderators and well known people here, every single one of a couple of dozens in different states I communicated with got defensive or unfriendly at the concept of even getting together. I've gone as far as not planning to hunt but to just be there like a friend and help out with someone else's hunt. Every single person thought I'm trying to find their favorite spot, or hunt without going through an outfitter (even though I mentioned I wasn't coming to hunt), without an exception, not one person was genuine to be inviting, or just friendly!
Where has the world come to? Why the negative thoughts about a person you don't even know? What happened to the actual meaning of the title of this thread, to be "a place fir friends"? What a sad world this has become.
If you're one of the old timers or moderators here, those who are supposed to be an example of goodness and friendliness foe all others here, all you're doing by taking such actions is showing this is not the place to fund a friends a hunting buddy, that there is no place here for a friend.

Go ahead moderators and admin like big fin and others, shout, demonish, deny, be defensive. Shut down my account for all I care if you want to hide the facts. You know this is the truth.

Last edited:
I have found TOTALLY the opposite. Met several people in person, made some great friends, hunted with a few and traded/bought/sold goods successfully. TONS of good folks here. If you find this place uninviting while others find the opposite....maybe think about that.....or in the alternative, just log off instead of throwing out whiny allegations. Just a thought.....

I have found TOTALLY the opposite. Met several people in person, made some great friends, hunted with a few and traded/bought/sold goods successfully. TONS of good folks here. If you find this place uninviting while others find the opposite....maybe think about that.....or in the alternative, just log off instead of throwing out whiny allegations. Just a thought.....
Like I said, not generalizing. But through dozens of communications that has been the concensus. You want to attack me or be defensive be my guest 🥱

@Lov2hunt

I am hunting with four different people this year I met because of the forum. But like anything we all only have so much free time and I’m not going to spend a week in the woods with someone I don’t know. That’s me time. I need to develop the relationship first.

The first time you met your wife/gf/significant other did you ask her if she would make babies with you?

I think that when a person spends hundreds of hours, often frustrating and sometimes painful, learning how and where to hunt, there is going to be a natural resentment towards anyone who wants to take the easy way out by piggybacking on all that hard work.

Trial and error is by far the best teacher but if you need instruction, that's what paid guides are for.

Definitely seems like a Californian view.

Hunting is for me. I don't want nor need anyone else to be there, most of the time. There are some good dudes on here I'd hunt with, but I've come to that conclusion after being here a couple years. Most users I wouldn't know from a monkeys left tit. Why risk ruining and partaking in an activity I love with some total stranger I met on the internet? I think they warned us about doing that in school anyways.

Last edited:
There are some great people here. I've been on the receiving end of help and generosity from many people and there are a couple threads where that is obvious. Make more posts. Join more discussions. Put up your pictures. Don't be afraid to join in. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Keeping a like-minded crew together has always been a challenge. Doing so today, when people want their social interaction in the style and format of their prejudice via electronic meta-brain, is getting impossible. It gets more challenging as you age, if you're even interested after several decades.

Yup, I was 17 she was 15. I'm now 72 and she just turned 70.

That's great. My story didn't end so well. Had another kid 2 years later then she decided a boyfriend would be a good idea. Needless to say that marriage ended quickly but not to long after that I started dating my second wife which after 22 years we are still going strong.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nickeells91
Back