Whatever happened to ACTUALLY the meaning of this title???

Alright I’ve read enough of this thread.

@Lov2hunt i have a unique opportunity for you. I often struggle with finding another hunting partner but never enough to make a silly post about it. Time to put rubber to pavement.

I drew a third season colorado deer tag in a northern unit that has OTC elk tags. I’m inviting you to tag along. I’m scouting this unit tomorrow. In collateral, you and I must also go on a backpack fishing trip in Wyoming on an extended weekend. All you need to do is buy the plane tickets and bring your clothes. I’ll handle the rods and the weapons. Leave the tofu and yoga mats at home.

Time to put up.
Tnx for the offer. There are so many posts in the past few hours I haven't even reached yours. Pending us talking and chewing the fat just so we know we're more than tolerating, I'm game. I'll pm you.
That's not an issue as I hate the stuff you mentioned.

Shouldn't have to prove myself to anyone to find a friend. And I'm not a trophy hunter as you might be. Again, points to the cynicism here. Instead of being the opposite of what I've experienced here for 2 years, you continue the same negative attitude. You just proved my point
Referring to post #34 are you being judgmental or racist regarding trophy hunters? Just asking for a friend. Also post 39 "Schmuck" now that would hurt my feelings, I'm kind of sensitive you know.

@Lov2hunt, I recommend you attend the San Fernando Valley RMEF banquet next spring to make some contacts in SoCal who are gun/hunting friendly. Better yet, volunteer to join the committee to both give back to conservation and make meaningful connections at the same time.
Tnx. I was there once and had talks. But not in the way to get somewhere. I wish I could but instead I have committed financially to rmef. Maybe I'll try them again. There's another one tomorrow in Paseo Robles but I found out too late

Check/join local rod & gun clubs. Join national organizations w/ chapters in your area. Point being build yourself into their setting.

Coming on to a website such as this requires a fk off attitude, water off a ducks back, and laced with thick skin. You kinda have to put in your time for people to get a feel for who you are before people might be interested letting people join in country learned over the years. Least in my experience.
We're full of personalities. Mocking, twirling on middle fingers, is the

If you choose not to live in a major hunt oriented area you work with what you have. So if Los Angeles is your area, I'd suggest your local organizations where people can get to know you.

We need to chum the water a bit...

Good one. Point taken. Been here on and off 2+ years. Don't have time to be on it 💯, like most of us. Didn't sign in last week.

Not everyone. That may be your experience and is all good. Mine was better each time, be it Elk or moose or bear or even fishing for the Ahi. Now that's something lots you don't get in your neck of the woods. What I lack down here when it comes to any land animals we don't have shortage of sea creatures. But my preference is hunt, especially with a couple of people that give a damn about each other enjoying the same thing
I don't eat fish so I don't fish, so all good there.

Also I have 3 friends and not looking for anything more there so I will keep doing what I enjoy.

I don't eat fish so I don't fish, so all good there.

Also I have 3 friends and not looking for anything more there so I will keep doing what I enjoy.
That wasn't the point though. That said, I love all of it, though nothing replaces a bloody red meat.

Alright I’ve read enough of this thread.

@Lov2hunt i have a unique opportunity for you. I often struggle with finding another hunting partner but never enough to make a silly post about it. Time to put rubber to pavement.

I drew a third season colorado deer tag in a northern unit that has OTC elk tags. I’m inviting you to tag along. I’m scouting this unit tomorrow. In collateral, you and I must also go on a backpack fishing trip in Wyoming on an extended weekend. All you need to do is buy the plane tickets and bring your clothes. I’ll handle the rods and the weapons. Leave the tofu and yoga mats at home.

Time to put up.
It's on. I'm partial to my firearms and don't have an issue traveling with it. Rods, that'd be good. Sent a pm. Let's see if we get along. If all good we'll hash out the logistics

I've kind of come to cherish hunting alone. I know I don't push myself as hard, dont take the risks, won't take that road that looks a little too shitty but that I could most likely still make it down. But its still pretty much the the only time I get to spend with myself, doing something I love.

I think it's important to be OK with spending time alone.
Couldn't agree more. And I'm the same. The days of running down hills are behind me. I go nice and slow, just like my smoker. That said, there's something to be said about hunting with a friend or family. Not only it's fun, but also once or twice literally saved my life or someone else's

I keep thinking about the term "like minded". I wouldn't want to hang out with anyone that thinks like I do.
you're here chatting along (hanging out) with all these people that like the same thing. Then why are you here if you don't like it?

Check/join local rod & gun clubs. Join national organizations w/ chapters in your area. Point being build yourself into their setting.

Coming on to a website such as this requires a fk off attitude, water off a ducks back, and laced with thick skin. You kinda have to put in your time for people to get a feel for who you are before people might be interested letting people join in country learned over the years. Least in my experience.
We're full of personalities. Mocking, twirling on middle fingers, is the

If you choose not to live in a major hunt oriented area you work with what you have. So if Los Angeles is your area, I'd suggest your local organizations where people can get to know you.

We need to chum the water a bit...

This is not MT my friend. This is freaking Los Angeles. You look for gun clubs and all you find is ranges, not a club like people getting together. It's not at all like up there. I've said it here before. This is where you say the word "gun" and 20 people call 911 and at the least stay away from you. Like @perma said, this is the tofu and yoga place, not MT. I wish I could get out of here but family obligations and responsibilities... I've tried. Even bought my house in AK and had to let go. Would live in MT or WY in a heart beat, but it's not gonna happen. What you take for granted there is a rarity here. I guess I just vented about it, but it's not like that down here at all. It's not for lack of trying. I've answered almost 200 posts here in 2 days. So I'm not shy of putting in the work. Again, tnx for yr advice

Starting to think this is just an older gent who's lonely as hell and wants some social interaction. I don't think going on a hunt is the main goal here.
That's OK. You think what you like. Have you invited me to talk or you just made the assumption outright? At least perma did. I don't see you say a howdy and then see who you're talking about. And yes I'm younger than many of you and older than many others. 55. Definitely older than you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mleonard23
Back