MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What are you guys paying for gas?

Why do people want more commuting, serious question?

Lots of jobs require you to be on site, but why not have 1/2 as many cars on the road... do you hate yourself lol
Who wants more commuting? Folks just don't want the gov to have that much power. Businesses can't have people come into work. Next you can only go out to eat once a week.

1649701958221.png

Lots of jobs require you to be on site, but why not have 1/2 as many cars on the road... do you hate yourself lol
I don't think anyone does. The reluctance to change has little to do with the commute and everything to do with humans are slow to adapt.

Folks just don't want the gov to have that much power.
I don't think anyone does. The reluctance to change has little to do with the commute and everything to do with humans are slow to adapt.

See I disagree. (Agree about not having a mandate)

Working remote is a win for the person who doesn't drive and win for the person who has to drive as there less traffic.

I sincerely think a whole lot of folks are like... well shit if I have to drive to work you should too even if it makes my life worse.

Misery loves company

Too many managers that don't want to give up having their thumbs on their employees is another. Old management styles need to change, long overdue.

My management style has been different. Get your job done anyway you want, just don't make me call you that it's not done. In other words, don't force me to manage you.

I like that style over feeling like my boss is just an over paid babysitter.

I do think anybody wants to drive more. I know I certainly don't but I don't really have a choice. Who wants more government telling businesses how to manage.... do you hate yourself?

I do think anybody wants to drive more. I know I certainly don't but I don't really have a choice. Who wants more government telling businesses how to manage.... do you hate yourself?
Imposing a tax that is avoidable is not telling anyone how to manage.

I'm not telling them how to manage, just giving them a choice between door 1 and door 2 with different tax rates associated with each.

See I disagree. (Agree about not having a mandate)

Working remote is a win for the person who doesn't drive and win for the person who has to drive as there less traffic.

I sincerely think a whole lot of folks are like... well shit if I have to drive to work you should too even if it makes my life worse.

Misery loves company
I agree with everything you said except the bolded. If a person agrees to go to work for X salary and drive into the office. The employer feels that that they need the employee in the office for whatever reasons. The government should have no say in that mutual agreement.
Which part of the government do you want to pick and choose which businesses can have physical vs virtual employees? Talk about a nightmare

Too many managers that don't want to give up having their thumbs on their employees is another. Old management styles need to change, long overdue.

My management style has been different. Get your job done anyway you want, just don't make me call you that it's not done. In other words, don't force me to manage you.

I like that style over feeling like my boss is just an over paid babysitter.
I suspect you're right. I like to think my style is to not hover but I suppose others would be the best source for accurate information.

I do know that when C19 hit, I had a couple people that asked to work from home due to pre-existing conditions. I allowed it but if Im honest it bothered me for some time. It took me a long time to get over feeling we were a more successful team if we were all at the office together. My concern for their well being overrode that so we tried it. No measurable difference in results. Eventually they grew tired of it and returned.

I agree with everything you said except the bolded. If a person agrees to go to work for X salary and drive into the office. The employer feels that that they need the employee in the office for whatever reasons. The government should have no say in that mutual agreement.
Which part of the government do you want to pick and choose which businesses can have physical vs virtual employees? Talk about a nightmare
Sorry I was unclear, I don't think there should be a mandate... the tax was just kind spit balling what you could do.

Honestly, seems like just the messaging would probably be enough of a nudge to get the ball rolling, ie if it because a talking point for politicians "we should do this" even if there was no tax/mandate etc.

My point still though is... I don't think the government should be working to keep demand at a level that outstrips supply.

Personally feel the investor class' demand for meaningless ESG stats has driven us into this hole and that shows no sign of letting up.
If capitalism has historically been about the most efficient allocation of capital in terms of profit, why can't capital be allocated based on something positive like social change or the environment?

it's one of the single biggest wastes of societal resources - time, money, resources, you name it. just maniacal is what it is.

putting millions of cars on the road in each metro area, with one person in each car, at the same time two times a day, to go sit at a f*&*ing computer is quite literally the most f&*%ing asinine, stupid, unbelievable drain on society we've ever come up with.
That's the challenge as what to do with the huge group of people who can't/don't want earn enough income on their own to make it as self employed, but also don't really want to come to work for someone else.

This is why uber, gub hub, shopify, etc are so popular it's like owning their own business in short spurts but no real responsibility.

I think that's why offices worked as it forces people to at least appear to be working, show up, brush teeth, etc.... If a person can do their job from home in a few hours a day then it's really more of a part time job they want to be paid full time for. That's why we saw so many people who took on 2 jobs during the pandemic as they were only working 2-4 hours a day for each job. For those who are not ambitious they just slept and screwed around it seems.

Study Shows People Working From Home Are Having Sex, Dating, Taking Naps And Doing Side Hustles On Company Time​

That's the challenge as what to do with the huge group of people who can't/don't want earn enough income on their own to make it as self employed, but also don't really want to come to work for someone else.

This is why uber, gub hub, shopify, etc are so popular it's like owning their own business in short spurts but no real responsibility.

I think that's why offices worked as it forces people to at least appear to be working, show up, brush teeth, etc.... If a person can do their job from home in a few hours a day then it's really more of a part time job they want to be paid full time for. That's why we saw so many people who took on 2 jobs during the pandemic as they were only working 2-4 hours a day for each job. For those who are not ambitious they just slept and screwed around it seems.

Study Shows People Working From Home Are Having Sex, Dating, Taking Naps And Doing Side Hustles On Company Time​

If they get the same amount of work done...I simply don't give a crap.

There's a metric chit ton of wasted time in offices...you got it right, lots of people in offices just fake being busy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Limbhanger
Back