Advertisement

What are you guys paying for gas?

Thank you. While I definitely don’t understand it all, I try to pay attention. Fuel costs are my biggest expense in my business, just above tires and parts in general. While me rant may have not been 110% correct, I just get tired of the blame game and completely think we as a society are truly the ones to blame and we, as a society are truly the only ones that can help this roller coaster turn it’s head. I truly appreciate your knowledge and your willingness to explain it though. Thanks @wllm1313

Absolutely agree, and fuel costs are really hurting a lot of folks. There is a human component/cost to energy, and I think politicians sometimes forget about that.

A ready mix company and a local garbage company have quite a few trucks that run on it around here. I've always wondered why it doesn't catch on more too. Here's something else I've always wondered Derek maybe someone can explain to me. Propane is always more than natural gas why can't they deliver natural gas in a tank like they do propane. I'm sure there's an obvious reason, I've just always wondered what that is.

Propane is a bigger molecule and heavier than air so it’s easier to liquify and store.

But it works well. Americans as a group are both horrifically apathetic and stupid when it comes to anything of moderate complexity.
House Democrats were chewing big oils asses less then one month before the Russian invasion for producing too much oil, and now they want to punish them for not drilling for oil already.🙃

"During a hearing yesterday, House Oversight and Reform Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) described climate goals from Exxon Mobil Corp., BP PLC, Shell PLC and Chevron Corp. — the four principal subjects of the panel’s larger investigation into fossil fuel disinformation — as “empty promises.”

“These pledges rely on unproven technology, and they ignore the vast majority of greenhouse gas emissions created by fossil fuels,” Maloney said during the hearing. “Moreover, the industry continues to pour money into new oil and gas fields, with no plans to stop extracting.” "

House Democrats were chewing big oils asses less then one month before the Russian invasion for producing too much oil, and now they want to punish them for not drilling for oil already.🙃

"During a hearing yesterday, House Oversight and Reform Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) described climate goals from Exxon Mobil Corp., BP PLC, Shell PLC and Chevron Corp. — the four principal subjects of the panel’s larger investigation into fossil fuel disinformation — as “empty promises.”

“These pledges rely on unproven technology, and they ignore the vast majority of greenhouse gas emissions created by fossil fuels,” Maloney said during the hearing. “Moreover, the industry continues to pour money into new oil and gas fields, with no plans to stop extracting.” "
As our tight knit little cabal loves to sing, "don't cloud the skies with facts."

“That’s sort of like your doctor telling you that you need to cut fat from your diet, and so you switch to 40 percent reduced fat potato chips, but you eat twice as many of them,” Mann said. “That doesn’t help. The net amount of fat that you’re taking in actually increases.”

Exxon has also not made any specific commitment to reduce the Scope 3 emissions that make up the vast majority of any oil company’s climate impact. Mark van Baal, founder of the activist investor group Follow This, likened it to a tobacco company that promises to ban smoking in its factories but continues selling cigarettes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the part of these conversations that I find so frustrating, we want to focus on supply and not demand.

A more apt analogy is a doctor telling a patient to cut fat from your diet and then the patient suing potato chip companies for having fat in potato chips. "Well I'm only fat cause you're poisoning me" not because I'm an adult that makes decisions.

The obvious solution here is well don't drive... take public transit, walk... have a zoom meeting don't fly to LA... etc.

Demand in 2022 is greater than march of 2020, that's the issue.

Nothing has changed from 50pages ago. There is a group that would like to see big oil disappear for climate reasons, but this administration still sold more new leases than the previous administration over the same time frame. Both things can be true. Now oil prices (inflation) are causing people pain and politically that is a problem for Dems. Again all these things can be true. But to @wllm1313 post, Presidents can’t affect prices in the short run, or at least they don’t want to do the things that can impact those prices. They simply get credit or blame. If you have a R next to your name, it is an opportunity. If you have a D, it’s a weight around your neck. Reality doesn’t change though.

Pinged a buddy in NorCal this morning, said he got a “deal” on diesel last weekend at $6.07😳

Also said that (on the electric side) PG&E released their new “special EV rate schedule; $0.35 off peak and $0.52 on peak, pick your poison I guess🤷🏻‍♂️ We are at $0.068 flat here with our Co-op.

Serious question for somebody who knows is the reserve that were dipping into to try and lower prices actually designed for this situation or is it for an actual emergency (attack or natural disaster). Or is it just everyone's opinion why I there?

$4.11 for regular today nearby

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve was established after the 1973-74 oil embargo to supposedly counter a disruption in commercial oil supplies which could threaten the U.S. economy, not sure our given situation qualifies as originally intended but we are where we are 🤷🏻‍♂️

The use of the Strategic Petroleum Reserves are defined in the EPCA but mainly center around “supply disruption” if I remember correctly.

...down 3 pennies at the cheapest joint here. 4.45..at least it's moving in the right direction.
*diesel
91 octane not much cheaper

Last edited:
The Strategic Petroleum Reserve was established after the 1973-74 oil embargo to supposedly counter a disruption in commercial oil supplies which could threaten the U.S. economy, not sure our given situation qualifies as originally intended but we are where we are 🤷🏻‍♂️

The use of the Strategic Petroleum Reserves are defined in the EPCA but mainly center around “supply disruption” if I remember correctly.
I could have looked it up too I guess, but that's what I figured it was more for supply issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
george84
Back