Weird Stuff on Google Earth

rtraverdavis

I was looking around on Google Earth last night, dreaming of next year’s hunt, when I stumbled on this:

FA6A9402-6CD4-4434-91D2-F606141AC8CA.jpeg

1BEE568A-E0A6-4B09-A66E-83DBBBEC6FC1.jpeg

Not sure what this could be about. My best guess is the satellite caught a plane flying low.
Anybody else ever find weird stuff?

I had a whole crap load of critters, from elephants to sharks and whales. But I purged them at some point a few years ago, seemed like too much of a distraction. Waldo is painted on the roof in Vancouver BC... talk about a time killer.

I was looking around on Google Earth last night, dreaming of next year’s hunt, when I stumbled on this:

View attachment 161454

View attachment 161457

Not sure what this could be about. My best guess is the satellite caught a plane flying low.

Looks like a small plane, moving fast, with chromatic aberration in full effect (artifact of light passing through glass).

This what you are looking for when scouting with google earth. Full disclosure I found the mineral lick on the ground before looking it up on satellite imagery.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    717.3 KB · Views: 103
For a time I was on google earth. They got me on camera while I was mowing. I happened to look up and see them as their car with cameras drove past.

Needless to say, messing around with google earth is always engaging.

View attachment 161454

View attachment 161457

That is what a plane looks like in Google Earth. There used to be one over Bullock Hill in the Elkhorns, but in a previous years' imagery set.

Here's an article regarding the phenomenon.

For a time I was on google earth. They got me on camera while I was mowing. I happened to look up and see them as their car with cameras drove past.

Needless to say, messing around with google earth is always engaging.
We found a co-worker of mine walking down the sidewalk one time on the street view. They blur out people's faces, but we could tell it was him just from his clothes and posture. He verified it was him. We didn't even know about it beforehand, just a totally random find.

That is what a plane looks like in Google Earth. There used to be one over Bullock Hill in the Elkhorns, but in a previous years' imagery set.

Here's an article regarding the phenomenon.
Thank you. I looked into a bit after I posted the thread, and saw that article. When I first spotted the plane on GE, it looked to me like a bizarre, neon totem pole. Thought maybe there was some freaky stuff going on in the backcountry...

Found what appeared to be dirt/rock berms in the shape of a swastika out in the middle of nowhere on public land.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch anderson
Back