338-06

I just went down a rabbit hole on getting a 338-06ai. Buying a used rifle, new barrel, bullet choices, and a suppressor. I figure I’d have over $2k into a rifle to shoot 180s instead of 160s at elk.

I’ll stick to my 280ai.

I just went down a rabbit hole on getting a 338-06ai. Buying a used rifle, new barrel, bullet choices, and a suppressor. I figure I’d have over $2k into a rifle to shoot 180s instead of 160s at elk.

I’ll stick to my 280ai.
Sure, but can your 280AI sling a 250 grain Partition if you need it?

Just FYI, RedHawk is clearancing their Pure Precision stocks for the 110 right now.
Thanks for that heads up. I’ve basically lost interest in putting any more money into this rifle or else that would be high on the list to upgrade!

Easier said than done when living in a tent for 2 weeks in high humidity conditions. Its just so hard on wood stocks when they can't dry out. The metal is easy enough to keep rust free.

Find me a ss version and I'll trade you. :D Seriously.
sorry i just thought youd been to nz, the west coast is one of the wettest places on earth.

Doesn't happen to be a stainless, laminated stock does it? lol
No, unfortunately. Its a blue Tikka, 20" threaded barrel. I have RCBS dies (plus a Lee FCD), about 190 pieces of 30-06 brass that is fully prepped and ready to load, never fired as 338-06, about 30 that are 1x fired as 338-06, and 30 pieces fully prepped and primed, all Federal that came out of -06 rifles I owned. Rifle was re-bored by JES, has Talley rings, Diamondback Tactical 4-16 FFP, Mountain Tactical spring in the trigger, big bolt knob, plain stock. Plus some other extras. Its a sub-moa gun with the Nosler 225et, I'm just looking for a little more velocity out of a 338, otherwise its a perfect cartridge.

No, unfortunately. Its a blue Tikka, 20" threaded barrel. I have RCBS dies (plus a Lee FCD), about 190 pieces of 30-06 brass that is fully prepped and ready to load, never fired as 338-06, about 30 that are 1x fired as 338-06, and 30 pieces fully prepped and primed, all Federal that came out of -06 rifles I owned. Rifle was re-bored by JES, has Talley rings, Diamondback Tactical 4-16 FFP, Mountain Tactical spring in the trigger, big bolt knob, plain stock. Plus some other extras. Its a sub-moa gun with the Nosler 225et, I'm just looking for a little more velocity out of a 338, otherwise its a perfect cartridge.
Sounds like a killer little deer blind/bear bait rifle. Good luck getting it sold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbcuster
Back