Cheapest climbing sticks???

wvhunter304

I'm lazy and hoping someone else has done their homework for me.

Where are the cheapest climbing sticks for tree stand hunting?

It depends what kind you’re looking for, they’re in a bunch of different styles for a vast array of prices. The cheapest climbing sticks I always find are sold at Wal-mart and occasionally other big box stores after Christmas when they’re trying to get rid of hunting inventory and put things on clearance. Brands are variable depending on stores, but that is the time of year to look for sure. I bought 3 sets of 20” muddy sticks for only $30 each last year.

Don't skimp on important safety gear like this.
You'd be wiser to go cheap on your firearm or archery gear than to cheap out on your climbing gear.

Cheap doesn’t mean low quality and unsafe. If it’s being sold widespread these days it’s most likely it’s been thoroughly vetted by the TMA because of how sue happy everyone is. Don’t feel like you need to spend a mint because it’s perceived to be a safer product. Use it properly as designed and you’ll be just fine.

I still have a set of the Hawks but went to the Tethrd One Stick. Not cheap but very lite. They work very well for me. My Hawks now just sit in a plastic bin.

depends on if you are looking for a mobile setup or something you plan to leave up for the season. I like many others have hawk helium sticks and like them. sometimes you can get sticks that fit together and make a 20' ladder but definately not something you want to carry around. I am 100% against screw in steps. like others have said they aren't legal on public lands in many states. they will definitely piss off a landowner that wants to sell trees. lastly but most importantly they are dangerous. I have had multiple people with multiple horror stories of using them told in my hunter safety classes.

I also went to Tethrd one sticks and although not cheap, they are more than half the weight of what I was lugging around the woods prior. When you hunt public in marshy areas, every pound counts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbcuster
Back