Advertisement

UPOM suing FWP over elk regulations

Rmef blows so does the mule deer foundation.
Quite obviously you have no clue as to the extent of elk and other wildlife habitat land acquired, improved, conserved and turned over by RMEF to USFS or other agencies, resulting in public land with public access occupied by public wildlife. Huge acres in Montana and other places are readily identifiable if you take the time to check it out ... rather than forming a thread-thin narrow opinion based on whatever. ???

Last edited:
That's rather polite of you to assume, par i guess. Maybe save the ethics speeches for the prescription painkiller addicts you've made?

I'm not expressly saying theres a "right" person to vote for that will solve all of our wildlife problems. My point is that until more people engage our state politicians about their legislative priorities and wildlife - things wont change.

Certainly more of a hope than a reality - but it beats trying to hold an "influencer" boogeyman accountable for ruining your hunting.
Especially when said influencer walks his talk, advocating for public trust, public lands management, access, political influence, DIY hunting, lobbying legislators, ethics, encouraging public participation, hosting this forum, service on Boards of conservation orgs, and a brazilian other hands-on contributions.

1721857580208.png

They have done alot. I think they could do way more.
Maybe you should write them a letter. On second thought, not by how you write here. Do you ever read what you post? It's pretty damn hard to follow along.

My opinion is they have done some good. But I could totally shit on both of them. Burn them alive. Iam not a member of either one. Was along time ago. Maybe some good better than nothing.

I think the public land hunter should have better foundations.

My opinion is they have done some good. But I could totally shit on both of them. Burn them alive. Iam not a member of either one. Was along time ago. Maybe some good better than nothing.

Have a nice day.

Some folks do stuff. Others complain about what’s been done by other folks.

There’s not a lot of overlap between the two types of folks.

I agree gerald. So let's do something. A foundation that all proceeds go towards buying private land, and turning into public.

I agree gerald. So let's do something. A foundation that all proceeds go towards buying private land, and turning into public.

So... answer me this, if there was such a group, and actually there are a few. Not that their primary vision is hunting, but the Nature Conservancy and APR come to mind. If you are a group that takes ownership of land, why would you turn it over to "public" ownership and forfeit any management of that land?

I think there are times that expanding the amount of public land is the right thing, but not every time.

Why give it to the public. That would be the thing. All donations go to purchasing private. To benefit the public. Maybe get a savvy lawyer when donating it back to forest circus. Public forever

Why give it to the public. That would be the thing. All donations go to purchasing private. To benefit the public. Maybe get a savvy lawyer when donating it back to forest circus. Public forever

More than a few acres of public land place the wildlife resource very low on the totem pole. Once you donate/sell the land into public hands, you also walk away from how it is managed...for forever, or a very long time.

Well my opinion if it were given back to the public, the public may have more of a voice with fwp. We wouldn't want to pay the taxes on it anyway

Well my opinion if it were given back to the public, the public may have more of a voice with fwp. We wouldn't want to pay the taxes on it anyway

Roughly 30% of Montana is public land. If we increased it by 10%, to 33% of the land being public, do you really think that changes the mindset of FWP?

Montana also has roughly 30 million acres in public hands. So to increase the amount to 33% in public hands 3 million acres need to be purchased.

This is starting to sound like a pipe dream, to me.

Just saying, a foundation that gave all the proceeds back to the public, probably do all right. Buying private making it public. Benefits all wildlife and all montanan's. Not just dip shit 8 time world champion elk callers or whatever. U a mahtzinger fan.

1.1 billion a few yrs ago. Buys more than a few acres.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725_125355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_125355_Chrome.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 13
That would be the thing. All donations go to purchasing private. To benefit the public. Maybe get a savvy lawyer when donating it back to forest circus. Public forever
RMEF does that now, but like any nonprofit there are administrative, clerical, and other costs. It's not reasonable to think an organization such as that can be run with no employees, just volunteers who are unpaid. 'Seems odd you want no employees ... but let's hire a savvy lawyer!

Well my opinion if it were given back to the public, the public may have more of a voice with fwp ...
"forest circus" (public USFS) lands are NOT managed by FWP.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back