Top college towns for trout bums

They post this list annually. I’m glad it wasn’t around when I went to school, I had to take one break from college because I liked to hunt to much.

I think you could add some of the Wisconsin schools like uw lacrosse or uw stevens point. some of the Michigan schools like northern Michigan or Ferris state. In Iowa you could add upper Iowa university or Luther college

I don’t think of college station Texas when I think about trout fishing.

University of Oregon might as well be on there, since Oregon State is. They’re all of 45 mins apart, so any fish you don’t catch at UO just head down river and catch them at OSU.

One of these years, once I get a little more experience under my belt, I want to float the stretch between the two. Oughta be a nice overnight trip.

Shhh send them to Texas instead, there are no trout (or salmon) at NMU. And there are definitely no grouse either. Just a desolate wasteland. Winter 11 months of the year and mosquitos the other month

Can’t fool me… already trying to steer my 13-year-old there👍

Black hills state college would for the bill being in spearfish sd. Not the biggest trout but plenty of mountain creeks

WVU or UVA 4 National Forests between them with some the best trout fishing on the east coast, a good chunk of it in national radio quiet zone.

Everyone knows Montana State University is where it's at! Bozeman all the way!

University of Oregon might as well be on there, since Oregon State is. They’re all of 45 mins apart, so any fish you don’t catch at UO just head down river and catch them at OSU.

One of these years, once I get a little more experience under my belt, I want to float the stretch between the two. Oughta be a nice overnight trip.
When we’d go to the restroom at the University Oregon football games back in the day everyone would always yell make sure to flush twice We gotta get this water to Corvallis.

Raised my GPA at Oregon State by having a drift boat and a good working knowledge of the Alsea and the Siletz. Lived on venison, skim milk, salmon and steelhead in those days.

Everyone knows Montana State University is where it's at! Bozeman all the way!
It's puzzling that I graduated from MSU ... as it's likely I spent more time in the Gallatin and Madison Rivers than in the classroom!
Montana State! Go CATS! For me it was four years of fishing and fun ... followed by four years US Army, with two trips to Vietnam as "payback" for all my fun.

Driving Minerva with Rich Hepp in shotgun seat..jpg

My best day on the river, perhaps 75 or 1976, we killed double limits of mallards and geese, 3 pheasants, a bunch of quail and I really don’t recall how many fish we pulled out running hotshots. Just shy of Corvallis we banged a real good blacktail buck. Actually got checked by the game warden, Stan Steel.

yikes, they missed ft lewis college and western university. best two colleges in colorado for anglers.

flylords fly fish for fish and they're not biologists, they're influencers so this has negative levels of anything to do with fisheries programs. it has to do with solid schools in solid towns with great fishing all around you.

in any event the whole point of posts like these is to rile people up and create engagement. works every time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back