Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

To “The Rooftop of The World” for Ibex in Tajikistan

An amazing experience well documented in both picture and script! You definitely have been on some epic adventures that you've shared here on HT. I'm kinda glad someone called you out years ago to "hunt a little harder" so that you could share your experiences with us. Congrats and enjoy the upcoming adventure for you and your wife. The best is yet to come.

Great story. This is definitely an awesome adventure. Looks like you guys had a great time! I hunted with ANCOT couple years ago and it was a real adventure. Definitely a different area that you guys. We hunted right on the Tajikistan/Afghanistan boarder. I know they have a number of different Concessions where they spread hunters around so they don’t overhunted areas and help out different communities. It’s hard to explain how massive those mountains truly are. I was there in January and it was pretty unreal. I killed my billy at a little over 14,100.

Amazing wealth of culture and adventure within your words and photos shared! What a thrill of a lifetime and a +1 along for the ride!
Haha! Your future addition will hold stories of adventure before feet touch the ground!

Amazing events - thank you for the time sharing this with us.

Congrats @MTGomer
Thanks a ton for sharing the hunt with us. Doubling up on the Ibex was awesome. The wife seemed to be just as fired up about it as you were.
She also looked like she handled the intensity of the hunt, and the demands of the hiking well. You both did an amazing job.

just wow....does your wife have a single older sister / mom ? what a lucky guy you are. That'll be such a great story for your child to tell for the rest of his/her life - Ibex hunt before 1 yr. old !

Amazing adventure to share at a great time in your lives. Congratulations on the awesome billies as well.

I've been trying to talk my 17 year old son into doing something like this as his senior trip but he thinks it would be too much effort and rugged. I'll have to tell him a pregnant lady just did it. LOL.

Tremendous adventure, thank you for sharing the story with all of us and Congrats!

We flew from MT to Seattle then boarded a 12 hr Turkish Air flight to Istanbul.

May as well see Istanbul for a few days so that’s exactly what we did.

A local outfitter met us at the airport, obtained a Turkish gun permit, met us at the airport, stored our gun and gave us a ride to our hotel. In 2 and a half days we saw as much of the historical buildings and sites of the Roman and Ottoman empires as time allowed. We saw the basilica Cistern, the Sultahmet Blue Mosque, and went inside of the Hagia Sophia. We ate a Turkish breakfast, shopped at the bazaar, took a tour on the Bosphorous straight and devoured Baklava and Kebabs.

The Turkish outfitter took us to a fantastic dinner, where I assumed they’d pitch us on their hunt offerings. They never mentioned it once. They just wanted to show us a good time in their country. It was fantastic.

This is a hunting forum, so I’ll skip the essay I could write on being a tourist in Turkey.

View attachment 345414
Great way to make the best of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jawknee
Back