Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tipping Hammers

Interesting. Dumb question(s)…
Where’d you get the tips? Just tapped in or some type of adhesive? Noticeable difference in performance?

Miss T's 6.5 WBY RPM(1in8) loves 118 HHT and 125 HHT.
The 118HHT turned my 9 twist 264 Win Mag into a 1/2 MOA gun again.

I'm sold on 'em. I haven't figured out how to over-pressure them yet. You just keep adding powder until you get to 3600-3700fps and the groups are good. Then you stop.
IDK what I will do when I run out of RL-26 though.

Interesting. Dumb question(s)…
Where’d you get the tips? Just tapped in or some type of adhesive? Noticeable difference in performance?
The tips and the little copper anvil come in the box with the bullets. You do not need adhesive, they friction fit in the HP hole. I sort out the less concentric tips for load workups and keep the best for finished loads.

My 6arc really likes the HHT and so does my 30-06, I'm really liking the design so far. Tipping them lends a kind of extra level of Zen to reloading.

I haven't tried the HHT yet. I have some 174's coming for my 3006. Truing to find a replacement for the 152. I dod work up with the 143's in my 3030 today. I think I have it dialed in. The 70HH in 243 is deadly.

Miss T's 6.5 WBY RPM(1in8) loves 118 HHT and 125 HHT.
The 118HHT turned my 9 twist 264 Win Mag into a 1/2 MOA gun again.

I'm sold on 'em. I haven't figured out how to over-pressure them yet. You just keep adding powder until you get to 3600-3700fps and the groups are good. Then you stop.
IDK what I will do when I run out of RL-26 though.

The tips and the little copper anvil come in the box with the bullets. You do not need adhesive, they friction fit in the HP hole. I sort out the less concentric tips for load workups and keep the best for finished loads.
Thanks. Haven’t been on the hammer site for a while as I’ve been working through my stash on hand

What's the likelihood that tipping them could make the COL just long enough to cause them not to fit in the magazine?

What's the likelihood that tipping them could make the COL just long enough to cause them not to fit in the magazine?
Hope I'm not infringing forum protocol but here goes;

Post #11 in particular

I believe they're black.
Brand new ones get the new blue tips. Eventually all of them will get the blue ones when the black runs out.

Brand new ones get the new blue tips. Eventually all of them will get the blue ones when the black runs out.

Those damn things belong on Elton John's Creedmoor...j/k I'm jealous

Sincerely asking, as I’m not married to any particular bullet- what would be the theoretical advantage of tipped Hammers vs TTSX?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back