The question "Why?"

@perma Screenshot_20240609-101526_Messages.jpg
giphy.gif

Ok, here’s one I’ve not heard a satisfactory answer for: Why does seemingly everyone want to hunt “the west”?

For the life of me I cannot understand what the draw is that folks are spending hundreds to thousands of dollars every year on applications. It really boggles my mind for folks who don’t even live in the region. What good is it to learn and hone skills that you have to travel 1000 miles to use? Why not put those efforts into mastering hunting their own area?

Your post is not indicative of too much time on your hands. This was some seriously funny chit shared with others for a good chuckle! Well, I take that back, only you know if that was too much time spent. For my lazy, rag doll, relaxed day - that was some funny chit! Hat tipped your way.

@Ought Six , I found your answer! Or maybe not an answer though Frank Zappa made a song just for you! :ROFLMAO:

Ok, here’s one I’ve not heard a satisfactory answer for: Why does seemingly everyone want to hunt “the west”?

For the life of me I cannot understand what the draw is that folks are spending hundreds to thousands of dollars every year on applications. It really boggles my mind for folks who don’t even live in the region. What good is it to learn and hone skills that you have to travel 1000 miles to use? Why not put those efforts into mastering hunting their own area?

Apparently the Jerimiah Johnson gif no longer works on Hunt Talk. Clicky...! No worries - Not a true Greenhorn clicky. ;) Trust me... (famous words)

Mountains are callin'! - No flatlands nor hills compare to mountains! Ask any plastic surgeon!

Apparently the Jerimiah Johnson gif no longer works on Hunt Talk. Clicky...! No worries - Not a true Greenhorn clicky. ;) Trust me... (famous words)

Mountains are callin'! - No flatlands nor hills compare to mountains! Ask any plastic surgeon!
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1M9fmo1WAFVK0" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

You hold the answer to my why! Spill the beans... Looks like a bunch of cluttered crud paste info though it worked.

How did you add the .gif?
Jeremiah Johnson's waiting to answer the why.

200w-11.gif

Thanks. That, right there, is the answer to why the Mountains are calling NR $. Beats paying trespass fees to sit in a stand or a blind over a feed plot / feed auto spreader to entice the nice buck that likely chewed on growth enhancements from multi properties so it may stand broadside for the perfect shot.

Edit:
Hah! Got it to work. Why I couldn't work it last time, no clue though the, "Why" has been answered. Thanks.

200w-gif.329228

Last edited:
Thanks. That, right there, is the answer to why the Mountains are calling NR $. Beats paying trespass fees to sit in a stand or a blind over a feed plot / feed auto spreader to entice the nice buck that likely chewed on growth enhancements from multi properties so it may stand broadside for the perfect shot.
idk, maybe it doesn’t sound like a ton of fun, but it’s what works there. It’s the same as sitting and glassing on a ridge. They’re what works for a their terrain. Just different kinds of sitting on your ass and watching/waiting. But in your own home state, at least you’re engaging as a part of the local ecosystem and economy.

I suppose I just see hunting ones own state as being more practical.

…Still not sure what the nodding homeless guy has to do with any of this, though. Can't swing a cat without hitting one of those, no mountains necessary.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vpihlman
Back