The Pines Rec area Ft. Peck

Pagosa

Does anyone know the condition of the ramp and access road to the Pines Rec Area on the northeast side of Ft. Peck? Planning to fish over on that side on late Aug into September and was wondering if it's better/easier to just boat from the marina at the dam or haul around and unload at the Pines Recreation Area? Currently been fishing on weekends out of Rock Creek, but wouldn't boat that far across the open lake, due to the crazy winds/storms out there. Thanks for any information

Haven't been out there in a few years but it's a good ramp. I'm a big fan of trailering the boat as close as possible to where I want to fish.

I agree, the wind out there can really make it dangerous very quickly. I appreciate the information.

How much do you hate dust? The road itself should be good that time of year pre hunting season and it has about 5x the gravel as Rock Creek. I rarely boat all the way to Rock Creek but after a few rock chips on the boat windshield from the Pines road I've started boating down there unless I know it's gonna be windy.

Thanks Schaaf! Prefer to be closer to the ramp within a few miles in case something goes south. I'm moving the boat to Ft Peck Marina in mid August when I return to work. I think the fishing might be better on that side in late summer into September than the dry arm side. Dust and a few rock chips don't worry me.

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonThayne
Back