Take Electronic Precautions

katqanna

I think I let y'all know of the blocklisting/blacklisting attacks against the newsletter I send out dealing with the Public Trust issues. I had to fight like hell to get that off the block/blacklist. We are not alone in this. I was going to post a recent newsletter link from PLWA (Public Land Water Access Association), which does awesome work fighting for our Public Trust. But their website had a suspended message. So I contacted Lee, just in case they were not aware that the renewal was up. It turns out that it is not a renewal issue, they have been repeatedly hacked recently, including their membership list. I dont think that is a coincidence.

So I am asking those of you that also have sites, groups, etc., to shore up your logins, passwords (remember to use longer strings of a variety of uppercase, lowercase, letters, numbers and symbols and dont use anything that involves personal information like birth years or used with other accounts), etc to make yourself more secure. But also to keep eyes and ears out for other attacks, please let others know so that we can keep the Public Trust community aware of what the adversaries to our Public Trust are attempting.

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back