NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Sunday Pic of the Day

53982138200_7613ec9c2f_5k.jpg

I went out Sunday morning to confirm that the current batch of reloads for my 30 Nosler was ready for opening day next Sunday. I had to wait about 45 minutes for the fog to clear at 200 and 300 yards. Then, I shot terribly. In panic mode, I packed up and headed home to load up some ammo for my other rifle. Before getting too committed to the 280 AI, I decided to clean the 30 N. When I did, I heard a rattle. It turned out that the scope bases had loosened up after a couple hundred rounds of 230 gr Bergers, with some 199 Hammer Hunters thrown in (next rifle will have an integral rail). I removed and remounted the scope, loaded some more ammo, went back to the range, and sighted it in. The first two shots made one hole at 100 yards (or I missed the whole target with the second shot). They were high, so I had to try to remember how to reset the zero stop. I figured that out, so now I think I am good to go. Well, except for the fires that apparently started this week. . .

BTW - since I got the scope from @The Hedgehog, I am hoping some of his skill luck came with it. With MY luck, he probably got rid of it because it was an unlucky scope. Maybe I should have bought the Cam Hanes book instead.

IMG_4882.jpeg

I went out Sunday morning to confirm that the current batch of reloads for my 30 Nosler was ready for opening day next Sunday. I had to wait about 45 minutes for the fog to clear at 200 and 300 yards. Then, I shot terribly. In panic mode, I packed up and headed home to load up some ammo for my other rifle. Before getting too committed to the 280 AI, I decided to clean the 30 N. When I did, I heard a rattle. It turned out that the scope bases had loosened up after a couple hundred rounds of 230 gr Bergers, with some 199 Hammer Hunters thrown in (next rifle will have an integral rail). I removed and remounted the scope, loaded some more ammo, went back to the range, and sighted it in. The first two shots made one hole at 100 yards (or I missed the whole target with the second shot). They were high, so I had to try to remember how to reset the zero stop. I figured that out, so now I think I am good to go. Well, except for the fires that apparently started this week. . .

BTW - since I got the scope from @The Hedgehog, I am hoping some of his skill luck came with it. With MY luck, he probably got rid of it because it was an unlucky scope. Maybe I should have bought the Cam Hanes book instead.

View attachment 339884
Bet the gun woulda shot better if you had the bolt on the right side... ;)

View attachment 339884
Contrary to popular beliefs, a left handed action will function in both hemispheres...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaic hunter 63
Back