Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sunday Pic of the Day

SIAP

I drove the Park Highway from Anchorage to Fairbanks for work in February 2015. Returned to Anchorage on The Richardson. Hard to believe this is almost 10 years ago now.
This is near Delta Junction looking south to to the Alaska Range. Google Earth says it s 52 miles from where I'm standing to the tops.

The Tenana River in front of me was is of course frozen solid. If you re-create this shot in Google earth the river is muddy brown. In February it is frozen and an incredible sky blue like glacial ice. You just feel compelled to hop the guardrail and start hiking out.

The rented Chevy Traverse did great on this run. I never told the rental outfit that I had caught air off a frost heave as I was nearing Glennallen.

P2183204.JPG

It was not a good upland opener yesterday. Unfortunately we had to visit the vet and the scalpel had to be deployed to get out a few buried quills. 30+ staples and a pretty sore pup.
53966919469_787f34d20c_3k.jpg

Sunday was opening day of Teal season, but we could not be out there. So this is our Sunday picture from Wednesday instead.

I would love to show pictures of the gun and birds, but not a single bird flew by. Cannot get slower that that. But it was Dusty's first hunt of any kind. Sometimes he looked pretty serious about it.

JV27XMz.jpg

OHiEb04.jpg

But mostly he didn't...
BPM0u7r.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back