Stannard lighthouse, Lake Superior AKA the Rock

Gellar

Has anyone ever been out to the rock? I first learned of the Stannard Lighthouse during COVID when I was researching for a family trip to the U.P. and now I think about fishing out there in my dreams. I’d like to go out in my own boat, but that might be suicide.

For those of you that don’t know.

Never knew, but appreciate the history lesson for the day. I was saddened that the website didn't dive deeper into the construction methods utilized, but maybe I'll go down that rabbit hole another day to satiate the itch

Has anyone ever been out to the rock? I first learned of the Stannard Lighthouse during COVID when I was researching for a family trip to the U.P. and now I think about fishing out there in my dreams. I’d like to go out in my own boat, but that might be suicide.

For those of you that don’t know.
Good passion @Gellar
I have similar type dreams.

Great laker fishing! Gotta pick your weather days, they can be few and far between and weather can change quickly. Pretty good run to get out there.

Ex Father in law has been a bunch, lifetime Yooper. Moved to Au Train just to be closer.

Been to Isle Royal a couple times. Great fishing there too. Long boat ride as well, Superior is very unforgiving.

Back