Advertisement

Sporstmans Warehouse, What Happened?

Candiru

I stopped by the Sportmans Warehouse in Williston for the first time in a few years. I could tell when I first walked in that something wasn't the same. The store seemed so open compared to what I remember. The store was not well stocked and the quality of the stuff was down. Hardly any orange clothing. No quality bird vests. Ammo/reloading department was a shell of what it used to be. I don't think I even saw any decent pheasant loads. A lot of empty spaces and low stock in the gun department. I don't think I need to bother going there if I get to that town again.

It's been about a year sense I was in the one in Casper. But all was well at that time. Miss the one we had in Oklahoma now it's just bass pro and cabelas which means 2 bass pros. Academy is probably the one I use most around here.

Was at the Casper store last weekend. I was looking for some pheasant/chukar loads. Maybe I’m being picky but they didn’t have much in what I was looking for. Some other departments seemed well stocked but overall it was a bit disappointing.

I do believe there was a restructuring at one point. Years ago, we had a few in south eastern WI and they were the best. They carried high end packs, clothing, rod and reels, boots, and they had a few Sportsmans Exclusives in the firearm dept. Those went out of business and a new one opened in the Milwaukee area that now carries mostly mid tier items that you can get pretty much at any other big box sporting goods retailer. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed and probably won't be back.

Was at the Casper store last weekend. I was looking for some pheasant/chukar loads. Maybe I’m being picky but they didn’t have much in what I was looking for. Some other departments seemed well stocked but overall it was a bit disappointing.
Casper store used to be mecca for reloading supplies. Now rocky mountain is way better

Back