Advertisement

SidexSide or Over/Under

Thanks everyone for the good info! @BrentD - I'm in Northeastern Utah (enter Utard joke here)!

Now that I said I'm from Utah, I believe some clarification is needed:

I don't have a flat-brim.
I don't have HUSH or KEEP HAMMERIN' stickers, or any stickers for that matter, on my truck.
I don't have a 6.5 Creed.
I don't drink Mtn. Ops.
I don't have a mini-van.
I only have one wife.
I am NOT an eagle scout.

Whew, I feel a lot better!! ;)

Truth be told, I've never shot a sidexside, so I don't really know if I'd even like the way it handles. I've shot Citoris and Silver Pigeons in Argentina for doves, and really fell in love with the nostalgia of them.
Go buy a 150 year old British hammer gun, slap a “keep hammer’in” sticker on the butt, post pictures here, PROFIT!

Comparing copper hunting bullets to bismuth shotgun shells is apples and oranges, ESPECIALLY in the bang for buck category. I can buy a box of fifty Barnes bullets for a lot less than a box of 25 twelve gauge 3" bismuth shells. I usually only need to shoot a couple of 30-06 to fill my tag and end the season. I often shoot upwards of fifty geese and as many pheasants every year. I'm a pretty good shot but batting a thousand is still not an ordinary day bird hunting. Most of my pheasants are in nontoxic zones and of course all waterfowl are shot with steel. I may be rich ... but not stupid rich. I'm not paying that much for ammo when steel kills em just as dead.

I guess the author of this thread has to decide if he wants a gun he can hunt with and/or use at the range, or does he want something to play with and impress people. I know guys who dress up in skins and play with flintlock rifles. They like to imagine themselves being Jeremiah Johnson. That's fine. Pretend is better than reality ... which is very much overrated these days. But I don't imagine myself dressing in tweed and standing on a lawn in England while a band of local peasants paid a few shillings pushes pheasants overhead for me to shoot with an 18th century SxS. Yawn. I have a feeling that some of those pampered British gentlemen just may be dreaming of wandering alone with a good dog and an old pump or auto in Montana's wide open spaces all day, day after day shooting wild birds. If not, they really don't know what the good life is. Which is fine. More of it for me.
No wonder they ran you out of Montana………

Here we go. A friend just sent me this.

Perfect for the discerning individualist.

pix120480130.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back