Shank it? or Crank it? Only the Billy knows

Good luck on the hunt. Should be a good one.

Don't want to derail. But, are your purposesfuly keeping the food to around 1200cal to keep weight down? Or is that your normal daily allowance? Cause evertime I come back from a trip I'm always bringing food off the mountain. Starting to wonder why I plan for for around 2500cal a day.
I think the 1,000-1,200 calories is breakfast/snacks. Then a freeze dried meal at the end of the day (usually about 600-1,200 calories depending on brand/meal).

Good luck on your hunt. I'm looking forward to the write-up!!!

Good luck on the hunt. Should be a good one.

Don't want to derail. But, are your purposesfuly keeping the food to around 1200cal to keep weight down? Or is that your normal daily allowance? Cause evertime I come back from a trip I'm always bringing food off the mountain. Starting to wonder why I plan for for around 2500cal a day.
I always seem to bring lots of food back down the mountain. Especially when I would just throw bars and whatever into a bag for the trip. So i tried to get a little more methodical with it and watch not only weight but, what am I actually taking in nutrition wise. Eventhough some of it isn't the healthiest stuff.

I try to keep it around 2200 calories a day including a mountain house. I also include an electrolyte packet as well for everyday consumption. 2 instant coffee packets a day some tea and hot cider packets as well for a cold night around camp.

Haven't decided on a whiskey for this endeavor but I'll be sure to have some of that along as well.

I always seem to bring lots of food back down the mountain. Especially when I would just throw bars and whatever into a bag for the trip. So i tried to get a little more methodical with it and watch not only weight but, what am I actually taking in nutrition wise. Eventhough some of it isn't the healthiest stuff.

I try to keep it around 2200 calories a day including a mountain house. I also include an electrolyte packet as well for everyday consumption. 2 instant coffee packets a day some tea and hot cider packets as well for a cold night around camp.

Haven't decided on a whiskey for this endeavor but I'll be sure to have some of that along as well.
Gummies are lighter…….so I hear

Last edited:
So i tried to get a little more methodical with it and watch not only weight but, what am I actually taking in nutrition wise. Eventhough some of it isn't the healthiest stuff.

Tried eating healthy once on a section of the AT. Body dang near quite on me.

I eat pretty clean during the year and leading up to a hunt. But for some reason I found my motor runs best on fig newton's and poptarts while on the side of a mountain.

Smoke rolled into town tonight I hope it isn’t messing with the guys.
Came up from Henry's Lake this evening.
Smoke horrible from Cameron to 3Forks but not horrible over Hilgards. Maybe the chit is contained. LEO officer in Ennis told me it was all coming from Canada.
We did see a serious smoke plum North of the Tetons though.

Came up from Henry's Lake this evening.
Smoke horrible from Cameron to 3Forks but not horrible over Hilgards. Maybe the chit is contained. LEO officer in Ennis told me it was all coming from Canada.
We did see a serious smoke plum North of the Tetons though.
my buddy came in to town today and said it’s bad in the Hardin area. Hard to say if it’s Canada or Wyoming but either way we need to build a wall

Back