Kenetrek Boots

Shank it? or Crank it? Only the Billy knows

Good luck on the hunt. Should be a good one.

Don't want to derail. But, are your purposesfuly keeping the food to around 1200cal to keep weight down? Or is that your normal daily allowance? Cause evertime I come back from a trip I'm always bringing food off the mountain. Starting to wonder why I plan for for around 2500cal a day.
I think the 1,000-1,200 calories is breakfast/snacks. Then a freeze dried meal at the end of the day (usually about 600-1,200 calories depending on brand/meal).

Good luck on your hunt. I'm looking forward to the write-up!!!

Good luck on the hunt. Should be a good one.

Don't want to derail. But, are your purposesfuly keeping the food to around 1200cal to keep weight down? Or is that your normal daily allowance? Cause evertime I come back from a trip I'm always bringing food off the mountain. Starting to wonder why I plan for for around 2500cal a day.
I always seem to bring lots of food back down the mountain. Especially when I would just throw bars and whatever into a bag for the trip. So i tried to get a little more methodical with it and watch not only weight but, what am I actually taking in nutrition wise. Eventhough some of it isn't the healthiest stuff.

I try to keep it around 2200 calories a day including a mountain house. I also include an electrolyte packet as well for everyday consumption. 2 instant coffee packets a day some tea and hot cider packets as well for a cold night around camp.

Haven't decided on a whiskey for this endeavor but I'll be sure to have some of that along as well.

A shot of Pendleton in a hot cider hits just right by the campfire at night. That’s saved me on a couple cold nights backpacking for elk.

I always seem to bring lots of food back down the mountain. Especially when I would just throw bars and whatever into a bag for the trip. So i tried to get a little more methodical with it and watch not only weight but, what am I actually taking in nutrition wise. Eventhough some of it isn't the healthiest stuff.

I try to keep it around 2200 calories a day including a mountain house. I also include an electrolyte packet as well for everyday consumption. 2 instant coffee packets a day some tea and hot cider packets as well for a cold night around camp.

Haven't decided on a whiskey for this endeavor but I'll be sure to have some of that along as well.
Gummies are lighter…….so I hear

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rwink3
Back