Advertisement

Shank it? or Crank it? Only the Billy knows

I spotted a goat today. It is right below the flying hummingbird. I couldn’t tell if it was a billy or a nanny. My brother-in-law needs to upgrade his spotting scope. 😀

View attachment 333673
View attachment 333687
Ever think it might be distorted by the humidity in the air? I encountered a similar problem last week looking across the lake at some sheep. Two different brands had same problem. It seems everything at a distance looks fuzzy in the summer.

Ever think it might be distorted by the humidity in the air? I encountered a similar problem last week looking across the lake at some sheep. Two different brands had same problem. It seems everything at a distance looks fuzzy in the summer.
I was just kidding. The goats were almost 3 miles away. I doubt that I could have made a good I.D. with any spotter, unless I saw them urinate. The fuzziness of the photo was mostly me trying to take the shot through the spotter, without an adapter.

I was just kidding. The goats were almost 3 miles away. I doubt that I could have made a good I.D. with any spotter, unless I saw them urinate. The fuzziness of the photo was mostly me trying to take the shot through the spotter, without an adapter.
You need one of these. It only weighs 60lbs, and you can tell from the picture it comes in snow camo.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am sure I am the worst glasser on HT. I can almost never find the object on full magnification and end up bumping the darn thing when I do.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 9.06.20 AM.png

You need one of these. It only weighs 60lbs, and you can tell from the picture it comes in snow camo.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am sure I am the worst glasser on HT. I can almost never find the object on full magnification and end up bumping the darn thing when I do.

View attachment 333726
That looks more like something you would find on the ‘Slide. 😀

No no no haven’t you learned anything from the YouTube videos? Pack your bow in, see your first goat (hopefully a nanny), then don’t even bring your bow on your first stalk!

I'm gonna try with a bow, blow my first stalk, then quit and pull the 22 creed out and dump one at 43 yards.

Ask me about heavy pack ornaments…. Worked good on a grouse though when we got stuck overnight without food…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back