Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Scope mounts for Ruger#1

Redmt

I'm finishing setting up a VX3 on a Ruger #1. I need to move the scope further back but run out of tube on the scope. I'm using stock 2 piece scope mounts on the barrel and stock Ruger rings. Who makes a mount that I could move the scope back maybe another 1/2-1" ? IMG_20240926_150054232_HDR.jpg

The p_ham solution will be the best looking by far but EGW and a couple of others make pic rails, it’ll push your scope up some though.

Long story short, we are held hostage for the next 3 weeks for mail, UPS, FedEx etc. because of a total road closure from 9/30 until 10/19. My buddy happens to be in South lake right now and is coming here the long way around. I remember you were in Carson City? If we can come to terms then he would run over and get them, depending on how much you want for them. Simple, easy peasey!

Long story short, we are held hostage for the next 3 weeks for mail, UPS, FedEx etc. because of a total road closure from 9/30 until 10/19. My buddy happens to be in South lake right now and is coming here the long way around. I remember you were in Carson City? If we can come to terms then he would run over and get them, depending on how much you want for them. Simple, easy peasey!
I'm in Fallon, another 1.5hr past Carson. I'm leaving on a hunt tomorrow afternoon for a week though. I'll see how tall they are and get back to you.

The Ruger offset Ring will give you an inch, I’ll be sending Pham my 275 Rigby and my 257roberts for his mount. I have vx 3s on both of those with the rear ring right up against the tower. I’ll get some pics in just a bit.

Couple photos with the scope mounted with my 275 next to it. Straight edge shows alignment of the traditional mounts. Scope on the 300 HH is a vx5 3x15x44 so it’s a 30 mm. Scope on the 275 vx3hd 3.5x10.
Lining things up the front slot on Pham rail aligns with the traditional location of Rugers regular mounts. True for both front and rear. The rail appears to have just a little more adjustment than off set rings, an extra 1/8 of an inch at best. Certainly Paul knows exactly how much and I’m one of those guys you give a measuring tape to and I’ll cut a 2x4 twice and it’s still too short.
The base he made for me extends over the receiver just a little, If you need more adjustment than that he could extend it a little farther as well.
I’m also able to use 30mm low rings with the 44 mm tube. Could get away with using a 50mm and still use low rings.
This rifle never liked to shoot top velocity loads, basically a hot 30/06 with 180s. Paul stuck a new barrel on it and “improved” on my bedding job. I’m still learning.
That group is looking like I’m on the right track as I’m still breaking in the barrel. 180s at 3001fps.

Attachments

• IMG_9070.jpeg
    IMG_9070.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9071.jpeg
    IMG_9071.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9075.jpeg
    IMG_9075.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
Ruger makes an offset ring for their base as well.

I've got these on my #1 with a 1.5x5 vx3i on it. P-ham's base would be a solid option with more versatility though.
I really like the 1.5x5 on a #1 just looks and feels so much more balanced. I’ve got one on my 375, seems perfect. I might try to convince Santa to bring me a couple of those.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpecialJed
Back