NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Project 2025 and Conservation

Yes, but in the OP's state, rain catches are technically illegal, since all of the water belongs to the citizens of the state. Selectively prosecuted (usually folks building ponds on ranch or farm land), but overreach from the other side, nonetheless.
IMHO, too much inertia for 2025 to have large impact on hunting and fishing, conservation, as there are a lot of conservative hunters and fishermen. We have to be vigilent, but either wing of the black bird wants to respond to the folks with $$$ in their fists.
Bummer, catching rain in MT is illegal? It was illegal in CO until a few years ago, just watered my struggling raspberries from one of our barrels.

Sure wish CO had MT's stream access law, though...

I'm really glad to be in the final few years of work, nearly 4 decades of working on behalf of public lands is enough. The constant barrage of shit thrown at them, surprised things have lasted as long as they have.

Also very happy that I have way more hunts and years of hunting in the rear view than the windshield.

We are NOT going to leave wildlife or public lands in better shape for future generations, too much working against them.

Bummer, catching rain in MT is illegal? It was illegal in CO until a few years ago, just watered my struggling raspberries from one of our barrels.
No it's not illegal. You can collect rainwater off your rooftop and store it in a cistern and I don't think you'll have any problem unless you have an HOA or weird local ordinances. For the most part, a house on a 1/5 of an acre isn't able to store that much so they typically get a pass. However... If you had a few acres and you built a pond and started diverting a lot of runoff, you would get the attention of your state folks. A quarter acre pond is going to evaporate around an acre-foot or so per year, so those depletions add up and some permitting might be necessary. The invention of Google Earth let all kinds of people send in complaints on their neighbors and their ponds, so state level enforcement has changed a lot from what it used to be.

Last edited:
It's funny you are all hooked in this project 2025 when you should really be concerned about agenda 47 which is what trump is actually supporting.

Most of the developed world--who is well ahead of us--is shaking their heads at these views.

We do have issues with regulations--lack of them, lack of enforcement of what we have--and with many folks turning a blind eye to the need for siting and other regulations to exciting new technology.

Someday history will look at this like they did people who didn't want the automobile to take over from the horse.
Give us some examples of this exciting new technology. Can it survive without cheap money, large government subsidies, and beneficial mandates?

"The residential solar sector has been under significant pressure as high interest rates have depressed demand and left companies with too much product on hand. While the sector was hoping for relief this year, stubborn inflation has resulted in the Federal Reserve holding interest rates higher for longer than the market originally expected.

Residential solar has faced the added headwind of growing political uncertainty in the U.S. with the presidential election around the corner. The industry has benefited from tax credits under the Inflation Reduction Act under the Biden administration.

With the Trump campaign gaining momentum, however, there is growing concern among investors that Republicans could sweep the White House and Congress, putting them in a position to potentially dismantle the IRA."

Give us some examples of this exciting new technology. Can it survive without cheap money, large government subsidies, and beneficial mandates?

"The residential solar sector has been under significant pressure as high interest rates have depressed demand and left companies with too much product on hand. While the sector was hoping for relief this year, stubborn inflation has resulted in the Federal Reserve holding interest rates higher for longer than the market originally expected.

Residential solar has faced the added headwind of growing political uncertainty in the U.S. with the presidential election around the corner. The industry has benefited from tax credits under the Inflation Reduction Act under the Biden administration.

With the Trump campaign gaining momentum, however, there is growing concern among investors that Republicans could sweep the White House and Congress, putting them in a position to potentially dismantle the IRA."
As if the other energy interests aren't heavily subsidized?

Last edited:
As if the other energy interests aren't heavily subsidized?

Not even close, Buzz. Talking points from Sheldon Whitehouse are just that.

Biggest problem with solar besides cost, is that it only provides energy when the sun shines.

If you don't believe me, listen to what Jon Tester has to say about it.

Not even close, Buzz. Talking points from Sheldon Whitehouse are just that.

Biggest problem with solar besides cost, is that it only provides energy when the sun shines.

If you don't believe me, listen to what Jon Tester has to say about it.

Put your head in the sand, better place than it usually resides.

All energy is subsidized in America.

Otherwise we'd be paying a lot more at the pump, when the propane truck shows up, or the coal gets delivered.

The ridiculous tribal horse crap of trying to claim one is better than the other is just another point on the scale towards Idiocracy.

Theodore Roosevelt is disappointed in you all.

Sure wish CO had MT's stream access law, though...
Sorry, by OP I meant the feller talking about catchments in Oregon. Oregon doesnt like it.

No it's not illegal. You can collect rainwater off your rooftop and store it in a cistern and I don't think you'll have any problem unless you have an HOA or weird local ordinances. For the most part, a house on a 1/5 of an acre isn't able to store that much so they typically get a pass. However... If you had a few acres and you built a pond and started diverting a lot of runoff, you would get the attention of your state folks. A quarter acre pond is going to evaporate around an acre-foot or so per year, so those depletions add up and some permitting might be necessary. The invention of Google Earth let all kinds of people send in complaints on their neighbors and their ponds, so state level enforcement has changed a lot from what it used to be.

Sorry, I didnt clarify that the post I was talking about is Oregon.

You like to ignore the facts about O&G subsidies don't you?

BTW, when did you become a fan of Tester?
Biggest difference between oil and gas is everyone benefits from that.

solar only the wealthy Benefit not many low income famiky have solar panels on there roof....big solar fields do effect wildlife more as someone that is so involved I would think you could see that but it does seam you like to wear the blinders sometimes

Last edited:
I agree with Tester when he is speaking factually, and disagree with him when he is not.

Big difference between him and Sheldon Whitehouse for sure.
Added to my black gold portfolio this AM.

Pull up your pants Paulie, your confirmation bias and portfolio are showing.

Scared the renewable sector might shave a couple bucks a share?

Biggest difference between oil and gas is everyone benefits from that.

solar only the wealthy Benefit not many low income famiky have solar panels on there roof....big solar fields do effect wildlife more as someone that is so involved I would think you could see that but it does seam you like to where blinders sometimes
The discussion was about Paul whining about the renewables being subsidized while systematically denying that FF industry is no different.

Also, I would much rather individuals that want to put solar panels on their roof receive a direct subsidy over a corporation, for a variety of very good reasons.

Speaking of blinders.

cbm_drillpads.jpg

To argue that solar fields or OG development effect wildlife more, is like arguing whether a 30/06 is better than a 270. Picking fly shit out of the pepper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestSniper03
Back