Poaching, Partnerships, and Profits

I think most people are good. Ethical. Yes when it comes to the u tubers ect. Some shady stuff. Let it play out. Voices are good though.

Tell u a story about one of my best friends. He is a game warden. Awesome guy. And his partner.

Opening day rifle season. Dude hides his warden truck. Stays in my camp. Has cameras set up. Acting like he just a dude. Night vision all kinds of shit. Lives for it. He went hunting the hunters. Common sense guy though. Not a nazi.

Dude all over it. And his partner. But they patrol 4 districts. Between them. Plus there boss. Who doesn't leave the office.

Most there calls from land owners. So yes the public best enforcement on public land.

Telling u right now. That is good to out dickheads. But it should be 1 warden 1 district.

Not a story but the way it is
1719669899857.gif

Serious question, what kind of weirdo supports these celebrity poachers?

I'd 100% turn my back on my best buddy if I found out he was a poacher, let alone some idiot stranger online.

The fanboy cucks cults are weird.
A lot of young kids lacking role models in their lives. They think social media is real life. I mentor a handful of guys in their early 20s and growing up with social media since they were born definitely changes the brain in a lot of ways. Very few of those are positive.

Sorry what iam saying is this. Some are really good, some are tied up with politics. Private land. Game wardens.

My buddy x military guy. Likes to hunt 2 legged animals.

Fwp only give him 40 hrs ot all hunting season. 4 units 2 game wardens. His partner Shawn a stud too.

As for the social media stuff. Go hunt otc public land mt. Figure out real quick it's bullshit.

A lot of young kids lacking role models in their lives. They think social media is real life. I mentor a handful of guys in their early 20s and growing up with social media since they were born definitely changes the brain in a lot of ways. Very few of those are positive.
Good on you. That's something to be proud of.

All these companies get so backwards trying to keep up with all the bs social media stuff and sponsorships they loose sight of their core values.

Earning an extra buck shouldn’t trump that. I’m old school, I’ll listen to this song every now and again and even though it’s a couple decades old it’s a lot of the same lessons. These group think SM guys forgot how to think for themselves.

“You’ve got to be your own man, not a puppet on a string.”

“Whatever you do today you’ll have to sleep with tonight.”

Ive met Dustin at MT on a few occasions and worked out at the gym for a while. He always seemed like a class act and id wager he is. He may have a few screws loose with how much he enjoys physical suffering but I don’t think this thing reflects on him and the majority of the MT folks.

All these companies get so backwards trying to keep up with all the bs social media stuff and sponsorships they loose sight of their core values.

Earning an extra buck shouldn’t trump that. I’m old school, I’ll listen to this song every now and again and even though it’s a couple decades old it’s a lot of the same lessons. These group think SM guys forgot how to think for themselves.

“You’ve got to be your own man, not a puppet on a string.”

“Whatever you do today you’ll have to sleep with tonight.”

Ive met Dustin at MT on a few occasions and worked out at the gym for a while. He always seemed like a class act and id wager he is. He may have a few screws loose with how much he enjoys physical suffering but I don’t think this thing reflects on him and the majority of the MT folks.
The lyrics of that song stick with me on a daily basis. @FREAK I've used those exact lines on more than one occasion lecturing the kids.

Last edited:
Even though I don't have anything to do with this Erik guy, or that I wouldn't know Muley Freak if he sat down at my kitchen table, and I haven't seen the video in question, some opine that this is my problem to sort out. None of those commenters know what I do or say and what interaction I have with partners when these events come up.

To the critiques from the uninformed about my level of action or apathy on issues, you're uninformed, to the point of ignorance. I've weighed in on many other instances with other partners we work with. Often, they call me seeking opinion. I just don't make a scene about it on Hunt Talk or social media.

I know of a few instances when those conversations influenced some decisions companies have made with large and long-term relationships. I've also weighed in with TV networks and other media platforms, usually publicly, on similar stuff, with each instance my comments were conspicuous against the silence from those whose livelihood is tied to networks.

I accept that a few vocal folks want all things to be a public pissing contest. As if that accomplishes anything. It doesn't. If anything, it dilutes influence and effectiveness. By being professional, discrete, balanced, and deliberate one has more impact than the guy who complains using social media to blast everyone about every little thing.

Carry on.
Thanks for addressing the situation and bringing a bit of professionalism to the thread, but also for allowing it to stay up.

Glad to see people holding other hunters to a high standard, but I feel that a lot of the clucking here could have been better directed elsewhere- it felt a bit reactionary and was headed off the rails. Sorry you had to deal with this.

I just hope that any damage it has done is relatively contained.

Serious question, what kind of weirdo supports these celebrity poachers?

I'd 100% turn my back on my best buddy if I found out he was a poacher, let alone some idiot stranger online.

The fanboy cucks cults are weird.
16-25 year old males that drive a lifted pickup, wear mirrored sunglasses, drink too many energy drinks and also want to be an influencer themselves

16-25 year old males that drive a lifted pickup, wear mirrored sunglasses, drink too many energy drinks and also want to be an influencer themselves
I doubt they could care. My guess the adult on set hunter guy. Facebook and YouTube educated. There was a picture of a line to get autographs from the meateater crew it was basically a bunch of middle-aged guys with sparkly jeans. It was really gross.

Young kids in Utah in particular are extremely driven to find financial success. They see what these YouTubers like MF have, giant houses, new trucks, every expensive hunting gadget you can buy, and they want the same so they support these guys hoping they can learn something to help them end up in the same tax bracket. That's why most these YouTubers are always showing their houses, their vehicles, things that have nothing to do with hunting, it's look at what I have support me and you too can have this.

Young kids in Utah in particular are extremely driven to find financial success. They see what these YouTubers like MF have, giant houses, new trucks, every expensive hunting gadget you can buy, and they want the same so they support these guys hoping they can learn something to help them end up in the same tax bracket. That's why most these YouTubers are always showing their houses, their vehicles, things that have nothing to do with hunting, it's look at what I have support me and you too can have this.

Just like the mega church pastors preaching the prosperity gospel.

“Follow me and you too can have what I have. Invest in yourself by investing in me. It’s a little bit of money and all of your integrity”

Interesting first post….
mf's just trying to make a living like the rest of us.
it just comes off as kinda gross that a bigger celebrity would call his sponsors and get him cancelled because he walked the trigger on a bear with a cartridge deemed too small by some.
Remember when randy let off like several times in row at that mountain goat and later admitted to not practicing enough steep angle, uphill shooting?
What if I deemed that an unacceptable practice?

We do take full ownership of working with Muley Freak. We believe that even when people mess up they deserve forgiveness. We will address the issue. You can count on that from us. We will work to regain your trust and we appreciate that you choose to speak up.
Are you going to create a fitness plan to help mukeyfreak jump fences?

mf's just trying to make a living like the rest of us.
it just comes off as kinda gross that a bigger celebrity would call his sponsors and get him cancelled because he walked the trigger on a bear with a cartridge deemed too small by some.
Remember when randy let off like several times in row at that mountain goat and later admitted to not practicing enough steep angle, uphill shooting?
What if I deemed that an unacceptable practice?
Comparing bad shots to a trespasser/poacher is a solid play.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back