Please BEAR with me, 2024 is going to be full of unBEARable surprises!!!

It has been 12 years now since I personally put this full amount of effort into bear baiting (just have occasionally helped since) and although it's a tremendous amount of driving, time and work, it is so much fun and exciting all the photos of the bears, bobcats, fishers, coyotes and porcupines that show up on the cameras. Loving all the funny photos of the bears too, so glad we decided to do it ourselves

Same here, looking to fire up my baits around Danbury in a couple weeks. I don’t have a ton of time to bait and hunt this year but it only takes one bear showing up.

Lookin’ good @seeth07👍

How is the mast crop looking in the area? I’ve been hearing reports that the acorns are light in a lot of areas up north, hope that’s the case for your area as well. Won’t be too long now!

Lookin’ good @seeth07👍

How is the mast crop looking in the area? I’ve been hearing reports that the acorns are light in a lot of areas up north, hope that’s the case for your area as well. Won’t be too long now!
Looks like crap which is great news. Also not a lot of oaks in this area, it's mostly tagalders, poplar, cedar, conifers and maples. Not a whole lot of acreage of corn around here either so I should be in good shape regarding that.

this is likely the same big bear showing up at the fresh bait I put out last night at this station.

868032067298400-70-4-08022024231224-W1000828.JPG

Our season opens August 25th so I need to get the bait out in the next few days. Lots of berries but it’s hot and dry so they are dissapering fast so it will be an interesting fall

Our season opens August 25th so I need to get the bait out in the next few days. Lots of berries but it’s hot and dry so they are dissapering fast so it will be an interesting fall
There is an incredible berry crop this year by us but that is OK because the three properties I'm on are loaded with berries. Based on all the scat littered around by the baits, they are getting very healthy portions of berries to go with their oats and cookies I'm leaving them

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back