Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Plate ‘em up

How did you cook the ribs? Looks amazing. mtmuley
How did you cook the ribs? Looks amazing.

Hey Muley, thanks for asking.

Kamado Joe Jr., Double Indirect, 300 degrees for about 4 hours (pulled at 200 degrees). Combination of Mesquite and Hickory wood. 60/40 Cracked Black Pepper / Himalayan Sea Salt with a dusting of Q39 Brisket rub to round out the profile and bark. Wrapped and rested in a cooler for 2 hours while the potatoes did their thing.

The wine is a 2016 Jaffurs (Santa Barbara) Petite Syrah.

The Spud is a proper Idaho Russet. :)

Hey Muley, thanks for asking.

Kamado Joe Jr., Double Indirect, 300 degrees for about 4 hours (pulled at 200 degrees). Combination of Mesquite and Hickory wood. 60/40 Cracked Black Pepper / Himalayan Sea Salt with a dusting of Q39 Brisket rub to round out the profile and bark. Wrapped and rested in a cooler for 2 hours while the potatoes did their thing.

The wine is a 2016 Jaffurs (Santa Barbara) Petite Syrah.

The Spud is a proper Idaho Russet. :)
I was gonna ask what the grape juice was.🤣 I will be cooking ribs on my Traeger. Have done beef ribs once I think, but ready to try again. Thanks for the info, I'll take all I can get. And yes, a proper Idaho spud will be had, but with a local beer instead of wine. mtmuley

I was gonna ask what the grape juice was.🤣 I will be cooking ribs on my Traeger. Have done beef ribs once I think, but ready to try again. Thanks for the info, I'll take all I can get. And yes, a proper Idaho spud will be had, but with a local beer instead of wine. mtmuley
Proper!

Short Ribs are pretty much like Brisket. Pepper and Salt…lots of good smoke. If I do one thing different next time, it would be to pull a little later, probably 203/4 degrees. The meat knows when it’s done…sometimes it just wants a little more than the traditional thermometer says.

Either way, I’m gonna do this again real soon!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mleonard23
Back