Plate ‘em up

So even before you make your Ruebens, you still rinse and simmer before slicing and searing for sandwiches? It says in Hank shaws recipe not to simmer in too much water so you don’t draw that saltiness out. “It’s an osmosis thing…” he says.. just a thin layer of water in a crock pot til 190 internal?

First time making it and I’m on day 5 in the pickling solution. I used the individual spices in the recipe and it smells fantastic! Just don’t wanna mess it up!
Yes. I did mine in enamaled cast iron Dutch oven. You can also do it in a smoker for more of a pastrami finish. When I want a sandwich, I slice some from the roast, heat it on a flat iron along with some sauerkraut, stack it up and put some Swiss cheese on it until the cheese starts to melt. Then I transfer it to some good deli rye bread that has thousand island dressing on it and grill the sandwich on both sides.

Yes. I did mine in enamaled cast iron Dutch oven. You can also do it in a smoker for more of a pastrami finish. When I want a sandwich, I slice some from the roast, heat it on a flat iron along with some sauerkraut, stack it up and put some Swiss cheese on it until the cheese starts to melt. Then I transfer it to some good deli rye bread that has thousand island dressing on it and grill the sandwich on both sides.
Heck yeah thank you! Maybe I will smoke the next one but I’m going to stick to the plan and just crock pot it with a thin layer of water to temp. The recipe even says to leave the lid slightly cracked… I absolutely can’t wait another day!!! 🤤

Back