Pink camo, #dadbodhunter, and a whole lotta stupid!

My original plan was to leave Tuesday after work but the Mrs. Asked for my help and I left Wednesday morning instead. I woke up at 3am with no alarm and tried to fall back asleep but finally gave up at 4am and got up to get the ice blocks and guns loaded. Everything else was already in the truck. I was on the road by 5am.
IMG_4868.jpegIMG_4869.jpegIMG_4870.jpeg
I picked up a breakfast burrito and fuel before entering the unit on the South end. I started in the dessert and ended up at the North end of the unit by sun down. I was checking out different glassing areas I had marked on the map. After about five hours of checking I came to the conclusion that this hunt may challenge my close quarters hunting skills. The glassing opportunity was very limited, the elk could hide everywhere, and there were a lot of roads and sxs trails. Before dark the only elk I saw was a spike. I ended up on a sxs trail up to the top of a mountain for my morning scouting mission. It was way to narrow and lots of hazards but to tight to turn around. Got high centered once, a couple loud bangs, and mirrors folded in for half the drive but I made it.

IMG_4871.jpegIMG_4872.jpegIMG_4873.jpegIMG_4874.jpegIMG_4875.jpegIMG_4876.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nk84
Back