Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pink camo, #dadbodhunter, and a whole lotta stupid!

Flying and traveling with three kids is no joke.
Traveling with one is no joke for me so far. And ours is still time enough to be in the “easy” stage. No idea how folks do it with more and ones that are old enough to really bounce around. Good luck!

Woke up early to get the fridge cleaned and ready for the next seasons. Photo is mid process. #deletedmemberjazzercize has his opening day for a Wy commissioner elk tag he won tomorrow. If he can close the deal on the scouting he has been doing this week there should be meat in the fridge by the end of the week.
View attachment 344467
I leave for NM early Wednesday morning. I also finally got my remote monitoring system for my fridge and freezers set up. And I’m glad I did because one of my ice blocks fell and had propped the freezer door open a crack. The amazing thing is the commercial fridge was unplugged and open for a couple hours this morning and cool d back down in five minutes. The residential freezer has taken over an hour to drop 10 degrees.

View attachment 344466
Did you buy a used commercial fridge? I’ve been looking into getting one instead of building a cold room

Did you buy a used commercial fridge? I’ve been looking into getting one instead of building a cold room
Yep, from an office building. The shelves were still wrapped in cardboard when I picked it up. It’s basically brand new though besides a few internal dents. And got it for a steal. I think less than a 1/4 of retail if I remember right. We found the capacity after Wyoming with current shelves is 3 bulls and 1 antelope buck. Could fit more with more shelves but don’t think that is necessary.

IMG_4557.jpegIMG_4558.jpegIMG_4559.jpeg

See, now you gave me ANOTHER project to go research. We've had a couple close calls with freezer's and I'd love to get some visibility and notifications setup to track them.

Assignment accepted...
That mocreo system is awesome! I have them for my chest freezers in the garage.

Was on a trip out of town 300 miles away with the family this summer and got an alert that the big stand-up one had gotten above 20*.

We able to get my neighbor there that day. The door had somehow come ajar.
If not for the alarm, we'd have come home to a mess, and lost at least 100# of deer and fish.

Yep, from an office building. The shelves were still wrapped in cardboard when I picked it up. It’s basically brand new though besides a few internal dents. And got it for a steal. I think less than a 1/4 of retail if I remember right. We found the capacity after Wyoming with current shelves is 3 bulls and 1 antelope buck. Could fit more with more shelves but don’t think that is necessary.

View attachment 344505View attachment 344506View attachment 344507
Ya that’s exactly what I wanna do

Ya that’s exactly what I wanna do
I was able to grab our 3 door commercial fridge from a business that was transitioning owners, guy listed it on FB market place and I got it for well under half of retail.

Cost was a touch under what building a similar sized one with a AC unit/coolbot would cost, and its mobile if I need it to be.

AP1GczOzOsih1u7f8VrscF1ADbSZ90SzCtzNkahJvwey6FVUNk811FHclKfVRdosA4NSI8J0NEOBXeagiqake0Sz8rV-iNDgRWwbyuiHy-NRoe_2N3r6vdtbj8n31eUihb__LLz9-uBYHSVS_xGBlehSj3nwbw=w1734-h975-s-no

I’ve been fighting a tire balance problem for the last month and a half. I had ko2’s on my tundra and I guess the combo of those tires and the red rock warrior rims can be an issue. After trying to balance them 5 times I finally got them warrantied and decided to switch tire brand and everything. Have heard great things about the wildpeak at4 so I’m giving those a shot. They look great so looking forward to putting them to work later this week. View attachment 344472

I haven't been able to get the last 2 sets of KO2s on my Jeep to balance. It's not a DD so I just used beads. If I ever rip on open it's going to be like a claymore going off.
They changed something they ain't the tire they used to be...you better off being shed of them.
Pretty work sir, pretty work! Congrats!

I haven't been able to get the last 2 sets of KO2s on my Jeep to balance. It's not a DD so I just used beads. If I ever rip on open it's going to be like a claymore going off.
They changed something they ain't the tire they used to be...you better off being shed of them.
Pretty work sir, pretty work! Congrats!
The guy at the tire shop said it was the way they sit on the bead of certain rims. Supposedly they fixed that in the ko3 but I wasn’t going to gamble on that one

i don't understand how people do 3 kids.

12 days in with two and i'm still reeling, if not obviously; i don't think that feeling is gonna end for a while.

thank god usually one of them is becoming fairly self sufficient by the time a 3rd has come along.

living very vicariously this fall.

12 days in with two and i'm still reeling, if not obviously; i don't think that feeling is gonna end for a while.

at least usually one of them is becoming fairly self sufficient by the time a 3rd has come along.

It’s survival instincts at that point! The oldest helps a lot but zone defense instead of man to man definitely has its challenges.

I’ve been fighting a tire balance problem for the last month and a half. I had ko2’s on my tundra and I guess the combo of those tires and the red rock warrior rims can be an issue. After trying to balance them 5 times I finally got them warrantied and decided to switch tire brand and everything. Have heard great things about the wildpeak at4 so I’m giving those a shot. They look great so looking forward to putting them to work later this week. View attachment 344472
I’m on my first set of at4w’s and really like them. Also been real happy with two sets of at3w’s

thank god usually one of them is becoming fairly self sufficient by the time a 3rd has come along.

Having younger kiddos, no matter the number, makes long (multi day/week) trips hard (and when they are really young, even getting out at all).

Once they are all wiping their own butts and taking their own baths/showers, life starts to look normalish for a minute.

Our first year back to Idaho was a little rough because I did a few multi day/night trips. Last year we switched to day trips, ended up with similar amount of days in the field, but with much lower overall impact to the family.

We are on to the fun and exciting next phase: kiddo activities are ramping up and have the potential where my wife and I meet ourselves coming and going...

For now our best answer to that is to limit the quantity of activities kids can do per year (we personally won't support more than 2 activities each school year per kiddo) but even then sanity will be stretched as is!

Having younger kiddos, no matter the number, makes long (multi day/week) trips hard (and when they are really young, even getting out at all).

Once they are all wiping their own butts and taking their own baths/showers, life starts to look normalish for a minute.

Our first year back to Idaho was a little rough because I did a few multi day/night trips. Last year we switched to day trips, ended up with similar amount of days in the field, but with much lower overall impact to the family.

We are on to the fun and exciting next phase: kiddo activities are ramping up and have the potential where my wife and I meet ourselves coming and going...

For now our best answer to that is to limit the quantity of activities kids can do per year (we personally won't support more than 2 activities each school year per kiddo) but even then sanity will be stretched as is!
My wife is a saint and lucky she is also a health nut! She wants the meat and we motor through it. Our kids are 8,4, and 6 months. If I come home empty handed I might be fed to the chickens though.

You’re not supposed to draw Wy general, nm, mt, and Co all in the same year!

My wife is a saint and lucky she is also a health nut! She wants the meat and we motor through it. Our kids are 8,4, and 6 months. If I come home empty handed I might be fed to the chickens though.

You’re not supposed to draw Wy general, nm, mt, and Co all in the same year!
My wife just doesn’t believe me anymore when I tell her I wasn’t supposed to draw the odds where to low

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
action
Back