Caribou Gear

Obama executive orders

Mudranger1

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=257422
"Sources say he's weighing as many as 19 possible actions he could take through executive order. Those options could include more aggressively enforcing existing gun laws, beefing up national research on guns and ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks. They could include ordering tougher penalties for gun-trafficking offenses and ordering federal agencies to make data on gun crimes more readily available."

now this article maybe leaving stuff out but what is so horrible about what is mentioned in it?
thoughts?

It's what his administration has been saying all along. Enforce what already exists, and improve backround/mental health checks.

People need to realize the entire firearms industry(firearms,ammo,accesories)and the NRA will make more money, the longer the threat of more gun control exists. Why wouldn't they hype up a "ban"? It's just like the oil companies every time there is a natural disaster, or another "crisis" in the Middle East.

I remember reading articles in American Rifleman back in 1994, about how to safely bury your guns...

Last edited:
[ beefing up national research on guns

The problems is, this research will likely be agenda driven, looking for the results they want instead of the facts.

[ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks.
Do you really want an aggressive federal agency going over your "papers" with a fine tooth comb looking for any excuse to prosecute you ?

[ordering federal agencies to make data on gun crimes more readily available."
Releasing date from their agenda driven studies to sway public opinion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm all for legitimate studies and background checks, but nothing about this administration leads me to believe these actions will be legitimate.

It's what his administration has been saying all along. Enforce what already exists, and improve backround/mental health checks.

People need to realize the entire firearms industry(firearms,ammo,accesories)and the NRA will make more money, the longer the threat of more gun control exists. Why wouldn't they hype up a "ban"? It's just like the oil companies every time there is a natural disaster, or another "crisis" in the Middle East.

I remember reading articles in American Rifleman back in 1994, about how to safely bury your guns...

Most retailers I know are worried this could spell the end of their business, even if they are enjoying sales records right now. I don't think the gun industry likes gun control in the long term.

Most retailers I know are worried this could spell the end of their business, even if they are enjoying sales records right now. I don't think the gun industry likes gun control in the long term.

People will always buy guns, currently balck guns are the hot item, but the industry is smart and will figure out a way to get people interested in other types of guns. Certainly, some retailers will need to adapt but as long as they can keep people coming in the door they should be fine. Hell if they could snag a portion of their local Wal-Marts market share they'd probably see revenue increase.

What scares me is the word "executive order." This means he can do whatever he wants with no consequenses. Our government was set up with a series of checks and balances for a reason. He is going around this. No one person should be able to make whatever law he wants without it going through the process.

What scares me is the word "executive order." This means he can do whatever he wants with no consequenses. Our government was set up with a series of checks and balances for a reason. He is going around this. No one person should be able to make whatever law he wants without it going through the process.
And our @#$#%&*% Gov. just set the stage for everyone else to follow.....:cool:

Just because something has been done in the past doesnt mean it is necessarily right. When (or if) he follows New Yorks lead and suddenly, due to an executive order, 70% of the guns you now own are illegal overnight, with no discussion whatsoever, does that make it right? Or ok?

You can executive order the constitution unconstitutional...doesn't make it right or so.
Obama looks really bad going this route...especially to those who know how important limited government is.

Just because something has been done in the past doesnt mean it is necessarily right. When (or if) he follows New Yorks lead and suddenly, due to an executive order, 70% of the guns you now own are illegal overnight, with no discussion whatsoever, does that make it right? Or ok?

Well, he was elected President and he as the authority to issue Executive orders.

We can't pick and choose how we are governed. By living here in the grand old US of A we agree to live with Democracy. Obama was elected President, which gives him the right to draft executive orders. The orders can be, and are, challenged in court. The court system decides if the order is Constitutional or not.

In 4 years, the people will elect another President, and we'll have to live with his/her decisions.

Well, he was elected President and he as the authority to issue Executive orders.

We can't pick and choose how we are governed. By living here in the grand old US of A we agree to live with Democracy. Obama was elected President, which gives him the right to draft executive orders. The orders can be, and are, challenged in court. The court system decides if the order is Constitutional or not.

In 4 years, the people will elect another President, and we'll have to live with his/her decisions.

bump your damn head? WTF??? first question would be, do you vote? next question would be, if not, why not? voting is how we choose our government by the people we elect.

And our @#$#%&*% Gov. just set the stage for everyone else to follow.....:cool:

The federal government won't follow NY's lead because it is way over the top. There will be much more resistance at the federal level. I still can't believe this passed so quickly and easily. I need to get out.

bump your damn head? WTF??? first question would be, do you vote? next question would be, if not, why not? voting is how we choose our government by the people we elect.

Do you even read posts before you start over-reacting?

That's exactly what I said.

WE as a nation, elected Obama. Now, WE have to live with his decisions for the next four years.

over-reacting? really? glad you are happy with what he is doing. bypassing congress and ignoring what the people want. why do we vote for these people if this guy is going to ignore them. aren't they the voice of the people that elected them?

"Bowing to political reality, Obama’s proposals included a wave of executive actions that circumvent Congress,"

and before you come up with that crap of others have done it, who was the last president that bypassed congress on something this important? do you really want this clown telling you what you can and can not own as far as guns? before you answer, maybe you should look at the state he came from and see what their gun laws are like. one quickie for you, we do not have a CCW yet.

Here ya go,,,,,,,,,,,,

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."

6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."

9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."

10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."

11. "Nominate an ATF director."

12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."

23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."

Back