New Wyoming Game And Fish Director Announced On Friday, First Woman In Position

Headlines like this scare me. I could care less about your sex, what you identify as, or what you like to screw. Are you qualified? That's all that matters. How nice it would be to see a new hire announcement and not have it start with "first".

Well, she obviously hasn't met buzz yet with a comment like this...

"She said she’s looking forward to working with landowners, non-governmental conservation groups and others"

Good luck!

Well, she obviously hasn't met buzz yet with a comment like this...

"She said she’s looking forward to working with landowners, non-governmental conservation groups and others"

Good luck!
Have talked with Angi many times. Of the 3 names on the short list, that's who I would have picked.

This topic, like most things hunting, illustrates how little you know. Nothing new.

Pretty optimistic regardless of the limited knowledge I read of her personally. Wasn’t too big of a fan on the neutral comments of landowners and hunters but it’s nothing I’m losing sleep over.

Hell, anyone focusing primarily on habitat management has my vote.

“In recent years, she also has served as a primary spokesperson for the department’s efforts surrounding big game migration. In particular, Bruce has taken point on the agency’s ongoing work toward designating the Path of the Pronghorn as a migration corridor, which would afford it some protections from development“

Her answers sound reasonable…..https://wyofile.com/qa-with-angi-bruce-wyoming-game-and-fishss-first-female-director-and-rare-biologist-boss/

Headlines like this scare me. I could care less about your sex, what you identify as, or what you like to screw. Are you qualified? That's all that matters. How nice it would be to see a new hire announcement and not have it start with "first".
She has to be qualified. There's no way she slept her way to the top.

I don’t agree that recognizing Angie as a “first” should be alarming and the comment mentioning ‘sleeping their way to the top’ shows us how far we have yet to go in recognizing and respecting women in leadership positions.

Hunting as a sport and the wildlife field both are largely dominated by men and it’s only been in more recent years that women are really starting to show up in it.

Myself and female colleagues have dealt with sexism in our still largely male-dominated field. Some have had extra challenges trying to maintain the same level of performance while having/raising kids that our male counterparts don’t experience to the same degree. So yes, women have challenges in the workplace still and especially one like a F&G agency.

Angie’s accomplishment is monumental and I’m excited to see how she does in her role.

Last edited:
Even worse is when some dippy makes a comment like that and has never met or talked with the person in question.

I have and she struck me as a no-nonsense type that will do fine in the position. I like that the focus may be more toward habitat, migration corridors, etc. under her leadership. I'll be fair and honest with how she performs on the job, no different than any other director.

Every conversation I've had with her has been professional, pertinent, and to the point.

She has to be qualified. There's no way she slept her way to the top.
Your bullshit banter and piss poor attempt of being funny on my little corner of HT isn’t welcome. Clearly you haven’t read anything on her and what advocacy she does for conservation and habitat management.

I’ll take one from @BuzzH ‘s book. And this is probably too polite for a candy ass like you.

🤡

Angi hired me for 2 wildlife management internships that I did with the Iowa DNR about 15 years ago. I always really liked her and never had a single bad experience working for her. She is very personable and passionate about wildlife management. You are lucky to have her in Wyoming!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back