Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New 30-06. Thinking about trying copper.

Since it shot thar good, just run a dry patch through the bore before you shoot your ammo, for zero. Then don't clean it again until the groups open up. ha

It was not "finished reamed", i.e., short chambered. It was a "Friday Afternoon" Rifle! ha We all have either seen or heard of one, pretty common nowadays, unfortunately.

Since this thread was brought back to the top, I’ll give an update. The first round I shot through the gun would not eject. It was stuck in the chamber. I had to run a cleaning rod down the barrel to force it out. Second round did the same thing. I had to send it back to Kimber. They re-barreled it and sent it back. Including in the box were the targets they used when testing the new barrel. It took me a while to find the ammo they used, but I was finally able to score a few boxes. I haven’t shot it yet, but I’m excited to already know what ammo groups well out of it. View attachment 340758
That's Great.
I've always had good shooting Kimbers , they did what I expected.
Continue the barrel break in that they started, shoot 2- 3 rounds clean and repeat. Good for you. 👍

Back