Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

My first new vehicle

I agree with @VikingsGuy.

If Ford drags its feet selling trucks, the customers will eventually move to Chevy, Dodge and Toyota or buy used. One manufacturer isn’t going to set the market price.
Plus sitting on high cost inventory kills working capital costs in high interest environment. Also, culturally within Ford - losing #1 volume truck label would kill the company.

I agree with @VikingsGuy.

If Ford drags its feet selling trucks, the customers will eventually move to Chevy, Dodge and Toyota or buy used. One manufacturer isn’t going to set the market price.
This will never happen because the all are doing this....it's not just a Ford thing. I see TONS of trucks on the lots, so I don't know what ya'll are even waiting for....just go buy one.

This will never happen because the all are doing this....it's not just a Ford thing. I see TONS of trucks on the lots, so I don't know what ya'll are even waiting for....just go buy one.
I did. Last rig died on a Tuesday in November. Sold it for scrap by Thursday. Did a quick internet search and found the exact truck I wanted and picked it up on Saturday. GMC.

I didn’t have to play any games with Ford.

Ford just couldn't pull it off.

After 8.5 months of waiting (the truck has been done and is just sitting on a lot somewhere for the past 3.5 months)I gave up. Three months ago a brake caliper locked up in my truck. No big deal, $150 and an hour of my time had it fixed. Last month the transmission went to hell. That pissed me off...when I found out it was a recall issue it really pissed me off. My truck had a recall for issues with the 6R80 transmission and I had the recall done. It seems that there were issues with the "molded lead frame" a part that connects the truck's computer with the solenoids that operate the transmission. Instead of replacing the faulty part Ford decided that they could fix it with a software re-program. If that didn't work they would replace the molded lead frame, but only up to 150,000 miles. So at 190k mine went out and I spent $600 in parts and six hours of my time pulling the valve body out and fixing it because I can't justify $2000+ to have a shop do it when I have a new truck coming. I almost called the dealership at that point but decided to hold out, after all Ford assured me they were really really trying to get my truck shipped.

Over the weekend I broke a leaf spring. There was a lot of swearing, some thoughts of certain corporate offices burning to the ground, and a few beers consumed. The next day I called the dealership and told them I wanted my deposit back, what happens to the new truck is up to them and Ford Motor Company.

After 8.5 months of waiting (the truck has been done and is just sitting on a lot somewhere for the past 3.5 months)I gave up. Three months ago a brake caliper locked up in my truck. No big deal, $150 and an hour of my time had it fixed. Last month the transmission went to hell. That pissed me off...when I found out it was a recall issue it really pissed me off. My truck had a recall for issues with the 6R80 transmission and I had the recall done. It seems that there were issues with the "molded lead frame" a part that connects the truck's computer with the solenoids that operate the transmission. Instead of replacing the faulty part Ford decided that they could fix it with a software re-program. If that didn't work they would replace the molded lead frame, but only up to 150,000 miles. So at 190k mine went out and I spent $600 in parts and six hours of my time pulling the valve body out and fixing it because I can't justify $2000+ to have a shop do it when I have a new truck coming. I almost called the dealership at that point but decided to hold out, after all Ford assured me they were really really trying to get my truck shipped.

Over the weekend I broke a leaf spring. There was a lot of swearing, some thoughts of certain corporate offices burning to the ground, and a few beers consumed. The next day I called the dealership and told them I wanted my deposit back, what happens to the new truck is up to them and Ford Motor Company.
Brand dealerships and engineered obsolescence are exasperating customers with impunity post covid...

Any explanation for why it's just sitting on a lot?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vpihlman
Back