Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My 2024 Iowa season

More hiking and glassing. I have a whitetail doe tag so we did some glassing along the river bottom. No deer seen so off we go again. Last piece of public for the day there's some antelope not far off the road. The boys decide Reece is up again so all he has to do is sneak over a small rise and give it a shot. Me and my boys wait at the truck. 4 shots ring out. WTH is he doing? We walk over there and he is excited as could be. I think I got one he sais. Connor and Reece go look while me and Devon go grab the packs. While grabbing packs we can hear Reece hooting and hollering. I'm not going to put his picture online but Reece got his first western big game animal.

I need to rewind back to the morning. In the northern part of the unit Devon did sneak down to a water hole but got busted and the herd of antelope busted out of there.

Day 3 is our last day. Started on the north side again more of the same, also checked the water hole again but no animals to stalk. Back around to the center and south end. Found a buck in public but there was a 50 foot piece of private blocking us. The boys were pissed about how the public and private worked out there. I had to explain the land locked situation in the west.

Connor and Reece went for a hike and me and Devon waited at the truck and ate lunch. Another truck drove by with a huge elk in the back. Lol Devon turned and looked at me with huge eyes. Dad did you that thing? Where in the hell did he get that? I just laughed and said I have no idea.

We put about ten miles on the boots that day with no animals to be had. With only the evening left we decide to head back north. Hour and a half left we drop Devon off to sit at the water hole. I take Reece and Connor to do last minute glassing. It's dark so we pick Devon up. Turns out right after Devon got to the water hole another hunter came wandering through. I'm sure that didn't help him out any. And that concludes our 2024 antelope hunt. Connor lives about 5 hours from the unit so he may possibly get back for a short hunt.

Sunset over the Bighorn mountains

20241008_183555.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banana Bob
Back