Montana Mule Deer Mismanagement

Even more troubling, I think we could all agree that the pictures I posted are bigger than that of the magazine… But instead of agreeing on that obvious fact, everyone would rather talk smack and say the ones I posted are small TOO? 🤣😂 Who gives a damn?? They are still bigger than the one the mule deer foundation published by a long shot! You guys just like to talk bad about mule deer that’s OK

There is nothing wrong with the buck that kid shot, bet he had a heck of a time doing it. Good for him. Where it does become a problem is when everyone is doing it on public in November and add in a truck load of does. Statewide general rut hunt isn’t working for public land in this state, there needs to be changes to our management or lack there of. The picture is accurate of many peoples Montana mule deer experience.

Just a reminder that the deadline to comment is this Thursday.

Let's all write fwp by Thursday. I think mule deer are treated as varmits in mt. Not by all, alot of land owners protect them as well as public land hunters. Like everything in my opinion it comes down to $$$. Maybe everyone should pay more for a valuable resource. I know I will never c the things or experience the timed I had in the mountains that I did growing up. Blessed 🙌. The only thing I can do is try to make it better for wildlife and public land.

Let's all write fwp by Thursday. I think mule deer are treated as varmits in mt. Not by all, alot of land owners protect them as well as public land hunters. Like everything in my opinion it comes down to $$$. Maybe everyone should pay more for a valuable resource. I know I will never c the things or experience the timed I had in the mountains that I did growing up. Blessed 🙌. The only thing I can do is try to make it better for wildlife and public land.
What u drink in’ homes?

Commented.

Remember - the comments are intended to be on the MDCAC's guiding principles. Hopefully some comments about "cwd" come through. To me - is too big of a point/focus in those guiding principles. Maybe im wrong - but i struggle with killing all of the deer to save the deer.

Thanks again for all of those that contributed to this. Thankless work.

Commented.

Remember - the comments are intended to be on the MDCAC's guiding principles. Hopefully some comments about "cwd" come through. To me - is too big of a point/focus in those guiding principles. Maybe im wrong - but i struggle with killing all of the deer to save the deer.

Thanks again for all of those that contributed to this. Thankless work.
There was a lot of discussion on CWD, mostly coming from one member. Some don't use CWD as an excuse to do nothing comments might be helpful.

To the top with this common guys get the comments in

In the article they mention CWD as contributing to lower mule deer populations. I wonder if they feel CWD is actually killing the deer or the response to it is .
increasing deer population and age structure is the last thing that "control the spread"CWD experts would like to see.
As a hunter who has made a dozen trips to SE Montana starting in 2002 , my last hunt in 2019
was a whole different experience. couldn't get back in far enough to get away from the ONX crowds from both western Montana and out of staters whom where following the advice of the Influencer explosion.

Over population is the main cause of cwd. White tail deer were the biggest culprits of cwd. Large land owners that do not allow the public to hunt. The mule deer that I know of that tested positive were killed on private that frequently fed/lived in the same pivots as the whiteys. A few mule deer were killed on public but they were border deer. Frequently were co existing with the private deer. I don't know of one mountain muley that tested positive for cwd in the ruby valley.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_091323_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_091323_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    812.4 KB · Views: 5
Back