Montana Judge Says Landowners Don’t Have ‘Absolute Freedom’ to Kill Elk, and Allowing Public Hunting Doesn’t Infringe on Their Rights

I am happy to hear a judge support this rule. I hope the elk eat them out of house and home and give all their cows and horses brucellosis until they allow public access. Nothing is more pathetic than hearing rich a-holes complain about a few elk eating their hay. When they could easily and cheaply put up anti elk fencing around their winter fields and feed. Game departments need to put the screws to these landowners and make them all allow access in exchange for depredation payments.

Funny huh! It makes me appreciate big land owners like Paradise Valley Ranch that work with FWP to allow public hunting to manage.
Mr Blank does some neat things with his property holdings and hunters in Park County. I used to groan about the out-of-state billionaire landowner. I’ve come to understand that, like many things, it’s complicated and it’s not all bad. My middle son tagged his first deer on a Blank property in Paradise Valley. It was just a young whitetail doe, but he was 10, and it was a day we will both remember.

I am happy to hear a judge support this rule. I hope the elk eat them out of house and home and give all their cows and horses brucellosis until they allow public access. Nothing is more pathetic than hearing rich a-holes complain about a few elk eating their hay. When they could easily and cheaply put up anti elk fencing around their winter fields and feed. Game departments need to put the screws to these landowners and make them all allow access in exchange for depredation payments.

Cheaply?

You ever built much fence? Not much easy about it and it’s damn sure not cheap.

Game departments need to put the screws to these landowners and make them all allow access in exchange for depredation payments.
!. "Game departments" cannot "make" landowners allow access. For as wacky as UPOM is regarding asserting rights they don't actually have ... yet it is private property to which they do have legitimate property rights.

2. 'Don't know what you mean by "depredation payments" or if you pay them in Idaho, but that is not something I would support. Monetary payments to private landowners for wildlife being on their property is a huge can of worms and potential wildlife management funding loss I do not want to see. Those landowners are to be reminded that it was wildlife habitat long before it became private property. Money spent for hay fencing, hazing, and other mitigation techniques is enough.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back