Montana Hawks and Owls

Crap pictures from the iPhone, but my first experience with burrowing owls. They decided the report of my 17 was their dinner bell.

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpeg
    IMG_1471.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1467.jpeg
    IMG_1467.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Guessing this young red tail got hit by a car the other night while we were out scouting. Flew well enough, but leg was just dangling. Scooped him up but no rescues wanted him, I’m guessing because of the risk of bird flu. Was advised best thing to do was let nature take its course. Felt bad leaving him on a fence post. Figured he deserved better than being eaten by some greasy raccoon or coyote.

IMG_7255.jpeg

Guessing this young red tail got hit by a car the other night while we were out scouting. Flew well enough, but leg was just dangling. Scooped him up but no rescues wanted him, I’m guessing because of the risk of bird flu. Was advised best thing to do was let nature take its course. Felt bad leaving him on a fence post. Figured he deserved better than being eaten by some greasy raccoon or coyote.

View attachment 337176

Shoot, where are you at? He’s gone now I guess. My school helps run a bird rescue. Poor guy. Solid effort!

Gorgeous. I had a smaller owl of some sort buzzing around my head yesterday morning on stand. It was about 5 am and the moon was shining bright. A beautiful silent dance. I felt blessed.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BravoNovember
Back