Magdalena Chili

beaglegun

Me and my son will be in Magdalena NM area Friday hunting mule deer. Where is the place Randy got that chili. I aint scared. I will be prepared.

1730063214903.png 1730063272341.png 1730063327534.png

Last edited:
Dunno that location, but there is a diner in Datil that looks pretty good. Spend some extra time and head to Pie Town, they feed you good at the Pie-O-Neer.

Remember, @Big Fin is a Minnesota boy, so New Mexico chili might simply be too much for him. You being from Caintuck, the jury is out on that one. I'll be following this thread for a report.

David
NM

Us Scandinavians can't handle that stuff. I wussed out and had Stagg chili this weekend. mtmuley
My boss is from MN originally, and has been in NM over 20 years. But he emphatically refused any more of my home grown chiles.

For a Tennessee boy, I'm managing to get along ok. One restaurant I finally achieved breakfast proficiency - I can eat the huevos rancheros AND drink coffee. At first it was milk...

David
NM

There's a restaurant on the south end of Socorro that serves pretty good chili. I can't remember the name of the place. I grew up in NM and can hardly wait to renew the "New Mexico Chile taste" with huevos rancheros in Deming. Just returned from a trip there, and it does let you know that your "system" needs adjusting....

Newer place on the west end of Mag. I hear is a good cafe, but I have not stopped.
Was in area Thursday and grabbed some to go from Sophia's Kitchen in Socorro.
Socorro Chile is hotter than most. IMHO.

Back