Let’s see your historic skulls (bison, Dino, etc)

Not my find but a well known rancher turned dino hunter. He said tricolotops were basically like cattle in his area. I would love to find to a spend a few days/weeks digging with them.
View attachment 338468
This is baffling to me that people just find things like that. To me that would be cooler than a 400" drop tine bull shed.

Not my find but a well known rancher turned dino hunter. He said tricolotops were basically like cattle in his area. I would love to find to a spend a few days/weeks digging with them.
View attachment 338468
That’s awesome and he’s right, if you find a big fossil in the Hell Creek formation, it’s about 50% chance it’s a triceratops.

That’s awesome and he’s right, if you find a big fossil in the Hell Creek formation, it’s about 50% chance it’s a triceratops.
I found some hadrosaurus fossils (what we used to call duck-billed dinosaurs) in the Hell Creek formation (I think) near the CMR. I took photos and the Museum of the Rockies was able to identify them. Pretty cool.

That's a jaw dropper right there! 😦

So how does that work when you literally find human remains?!?
It was turned in to the local police. It was on private property and a bunch of officers with drones, etc were on-site the next day. It was in the paper too.

Thats inc
Always a sucker for finding Bison skulls and often my scouting and hunting days turn into digging dinosaur fossils out of a bank. Share away

This one was in pretty bad shape and I regret digging it out but still cool to find the entire skeleton still there.

View attachment 338228

Damn cattle broke the rest of this skull apart.View attachment 338229

Found this one on the way to blowing an antelope stalk. Silver linings and all that.
View attachment 338230

Found this one on a canoe hunt. Just the dry tip of the horn was sticking out of the river.
View attachment 338231

Found this little guy on a main ridge above the Missouri.
View attachment 338232

This one might be my favorite, submerged about a mile upstream from where the steamboats used to dock at Fort Benton.
View attachment 338233

And my favorite fossil picture from a few years back.
View attachment 338234
That's incredible!

This thread just shows how not awesome Montana is with all the things to do. Definitely regret moving here all those years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back