Lay off the Political BS

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm on the road with limited coverage. It seems this is the week that everyone wants to convert Hunt Talk to Facebook.

I haven't had time to drill into all of the political threads, so I just locked them. I will continue to lock any political threads or threads and get drawn into the ditch of politics.

And this is the warning to some of you who continue to make every thread a political rant. Most people are here because they want some relief from the political bullshit. So, don't bring it here. Take it somewhere else.

Finally!

I know you’re big on freedom of expression and you’ve tolerated a lot and I do appreciate that, but I have to thank you for putting a kabosh on the political jive…

SHEESH! Nobody is doing preseason scouting on election year, apparently…

I think that it is important to note though that I do value HT for some political stuff. There is a lot in politics that impacts our public lands and wildlife and HT is my main source for information regarding these items. Almost all of the action I have taken for topics outside of my home state have been because I was made aware of the situation via HT.

I think that it is important to note though that I do value HT for some political stuff. There is a lot in politics that impacts our public lands and wildlife and HT is my main source for information regarding these items. Almost all of the action I have taken for topics outside of my home state have been because I was made aware of the situation via HT.
Agree. And that is the fine balance to useful moderation when politicians have hijacked many of our issues.

Yet, most of the threads started recently have zero connection to the issues of public lands, conservation, access, etc. So, I have locked those threads.

I've left open another thread that is conservation specific, yet has some political tones. So far, that has stayed within some reasonable boundary that allows for value of discussion. I had hoped some of the other threads could stay that way, but the temptation was just too much for some.

My default is to lock the blatantly political threads and worry about the complaints later.

Good point. I find a lot of common ground with some of the folks here around hunting, habitat and conservation that may have started with some proposed reg or rule that would affect what we value and fight to protect. This is a rare thing where I live, and I really appreciate knowing you all! Most of you anyway. ;)

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back