Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Late Nov Bowhunting

My experience is, if you’re in timber and out of sight of the road, you’ll be fine. If you’re in open country, you’ll be frustrated by all of the roads and rifle hunter traffic.

I've done it once, my uncle drew a rifle tag and I tagged along with him. I was able to fill my tag on the second morning.
Lots of people along the roads, not to many once you got out of sight of the road.
View attachment 329558
I'd say you are a pretty good bowhunter for pulling that off in that country during rifle season!

A young buck at or near peak rut definitely makes it a little easier.
Good points but I’ll also take whatever help I can get from nature and I’m not that picky on age, so maybe I’ll have a similar outcome if I decide to go, LOL. I was thinking I’d focus on whitetail but the idea of bringing home a late prairie muley is damn appealing.

Good points but I’ll also take whatever help I can get from nature and I’m not that picky on age, so maybe I’ll have a similar outcome if I decide to go, LOL. I was thinking I’d focus on whitetail but the idea of bringing home a late prairie muley is damn appealing.
I last couple times I've been out there I've seen more whitetail bucks than mule deer bucks, especially mature ones

I last couple times I've been out there I've seen more whitetail bucks than mule deer bucks, especially mature ones
Maybe because folks keep shooting all the little rut crazed muley bucks that don't know any better...

Just bustin' your chops. Soft of.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back