Where to stay?

Pagosa seems like a great place. Some nice Hotels along the main drag that are on golf courses. We always go there when we are staying in Chama for our annual elk hunt (it's only 45 minutes away). Walmart there for whatever, and lots of good eating places. Cole's Meat Processing does an amazing job if you need that or "The buck stops here" processing and great restaurant.

Last edited:
+1 for Del Norte! Second vote is for South Fork, though haven't had great food over there. Pagosa is a touristy zoo. Avoid like the plague unless you want to eat fudge with Texans in a swimming pool 'hot spring'.

• Stay at the Windsor in Del Norte - it's an old hotel that they've renovated and has an old wild west feel. It isn't crazy expensive and the rooms and showers are comfortable. The little bar in the back of the dining room makes great cocktails.
  • There's a hippie market across the street that makes awesome sandwiches.
  • Pizza/brewery place is good
  • I liked the Mexican place but maybe I was so hungry (backcountry skiing wolf creek pass) that anything warm and salty (that's what she said) tasted good
  • Diner for breakfast does the trick

OH can't forget the amish coffee shop/bakery - "Raisin' Rye".

Del Norte = A+ calories

Family stayed in Alamosa for a couple days while we did the sand dunes. i thought it was fine but we didn't really hang out there. I remember the Rubi Slipper being quit good for dinner.

• Stay at the Windsor in Del Norte - it's an old hotel that they've renovated and has an old wild west feel. It isn't crazy expensive and the rooms and showers are comfortable. The little bar in the back of the dining room makes great cocktails.

• This sounds right up my alley!

• This sounds right up my alley!
It's a gem. Mr.Ammo and I try to do a backcountry ski trip there once a year where we hit a deep pow day on wolf creek pass and retire to our room, hotshowers and cold beer in fluffy bathrobes, margs the size of my head across the street 😁

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back