June 18…

With the winter kill that is going to be a very difficult tag to fill. If you were already going I would give it a few days, otherwise I wouldn’t. I used to hunt there and I don’t bother applying anymore.

That may be best donated this year.
32 did ok in bad winter. He can find a doe if they want to hunt it. Was just in that area a week ago, antelope are there.
Good area to hunt that doe then go fishing nearby.

32 did ok in bad winter. He can find a doe if they want to hunt it. Was just in that area a week ago, antelope are there.
Good area to hunt that doe then go fishing nearby.
When I was out there last 2 years it was a shell of what it was. I’m glad to not of had that tag. Good to see they did ok thru this winter.

^^^To be fair, yes numbers are down but still some around to hunt.
Sorry, didn't meant to come off with the step right in and set you straight kind of attitude.

Maybe they could do a sage grouse hunt and fish with his doe tag hunt.

My buddy applied for an antelope tag in the special with 9 points that took 10 for 100% last year. He thought it would be a slam dunk with price increase and was shocked at the unsuccessful this morning.
Sounds like another NR special fee increase is in order, need to push the ceiling to see what exactly our pronghorn, deer, and elk are worth.

Sounds like another NR special fee increase is in order, need to push the ceiling to see what exactly our pronghorn, deer, and elk are worth.
Interesting. You have made quite a few comments on this forum against raising the special price fees and the split of reg/special haven't you? Those types of moves I thought were driven by WOGA and you opposed them?

Well I’m in for a very busy and logistically challenging late September and early October. I picked up an antelope tag in the random. Might need to find a freezer or something to drop meat between hunts.
Not sure where you'll be but the processor in Green River has stored pronghorn in there freezer for us while we were elk hunting. Good people and charged fairly.

Wow - still a lot of applicants for the $1,200 tag . . . not surprising. I would have thought demand might have dipped a bit more though.

Made a last minute unit switch on 5/31. Granted, the unit isn’t as good, but our odds went from 3% to 35%. Hunting is better than not hunting.

Anyone review the deer draw odd results yet? I'm seeing some odd numbers for a certain unit. The tags for that unit did not change between this year and last but the quotas in the draw report are lower/non-existent. Maybe there was a change that I didn't catch in tag allocations, but the resident tag numbers are identical.

Anyone review the deer draw odd results yet? I'm seeing some odd numbers for a certain unit. The tags for that unit did not change between this year and last but the quotas in the draw report are lower/non-existent. Maybe there was a change that I didn't catch in tag allocations, but the resident tag numbers are identical.

Maybe due to some tags going to landowners because they get theirs before the regular draw happens. (I think)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manbugle
Back