Advertisement

How many hunting rifles do you have?

I jump from .22 to .30. cal. Kids are getting to hunting age soon, so will probably look for something in between... I started on 30-06 though, so I'm sure my kids can handle it if needed (could even do reduced loads).
I’ve done the youth loads in a 30-06 thing and it worked well. H4895 and a 125 NAB or 110 TTSX and you’re golden. But I really like the 6.5G as a nice low recoil deer rifle for the kids that also is a load of fun to shoot for adults

One

One for elk
one for deer
one for elk,deer combo hunt
one backup gun for hunts in case I drop mine
one for mountain hunting
one for mountain hunting elk
One for mountain hunting deer
one for mountain hunting elk deer combo hunt
one for antelope
one for coyote
and on and on.................

Basically I convinced myself guns are like shoes/boots. need lots of pairs for different uses.

One

One for elk
one for deer
one for elk,deer combo hunt
one backup gun for hunts in case I drop mine
one for mountain hunting
one for mountain hunting elk
One for mountain hunting deer
one for mountain hunting elk deer combo hunt
one for antelope
one for coyote
and on and on.................

Basically I convinced myself guns are like shoes/boots. need lots of pairs for different uses.

The 12 days of Christmas...

2 currently or 3 if you count my .22 that I use for squirrels and used varmints but I'll own more. If I ever make it to Africa I'd like to own a .375 H&H. For most NA game I'm set with the ones I have.

Well let's see. A 243 I seldom hunt with, a 25-06 that somehow has gone to visit my son with my old 660 Rem in 308 and my Charles Daly 12ga SxS.

Had two 243's but one is now a 260 Rem. Wonderfully accurate.

6.5x55, mod 70 I got hoping my grand daughter would hunt someday but not happening!

6.5x06, shoot everyone should have one wildcat!

30-06 custom Paul Jaeger built in 1945 out of a 1903 Sprimgfield, my elk rifle! Everyone needs a custom elk rifle.

Got a 22mag just because and a 22rf because it a mod 62a Winchester. Need a 223 bolt action and that will probably hold me pretty well no more years than I have left!

I have used lefty savage 116 in 30-06. Been a great cheap accurate rifle.

Looking to treat myself to savage 110 timberline or ultralite in .270 here soon
I have had 2 Savage 110s in 270 and they have all been amazing. 1/2 Moa or better. Just finished a custom build off a 110 Ultralite in 270 and its the best shooting gun I have. i cant recommend it more.

Depends upon who you ask.
According to my wife, way too many.
Personally I have another 10 or so that I'm always keeping an eye out for.
I really need to start completing the builds that I have done.
Optics, better stocks, trigger work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wags
Back