Horizon

hank4elk

Bought Horizon yesterday (YT) and watched last night.
Another excellent Costner western.
Can't wait for the rest.

My picky history friends panned it. Was waiting to hear from someone that doesn't count the threads on the shirts before I watched it. You've got the honor of pushing me over the edge. Will watch next weekend.

David

Saw it early on. I believe at this point I’d wait till the next theatre release to watch the first. Watch the DVD Friday night then hit to movie house Saturday.

Most of the hate seems to stem from the way all the story lines just come near each other at the end of the first release. It takes about 2 hrs to really understand where this is all headed.

Would you rate Lonesome Dove as high if you only saw the first night?

Everyone wore goofy hats back then. Or they were cooked.

I could pick it apart for a few things.

Way better than any comic movie.

Would you rate Lonesome Dove as high if you only saw the first night?
Saw it in the theater and really wanted to like it, but the plain truth is Horizon has a long, long, long way to go to be able to even sniff Lonesome Dove. Overall very disappointing. I won't be surprised if these are such money looses that the third and forth installments never make it to the theater. Don't waste your time.

Saw it in the theater and really wanted to like it, but the plain truth is Horizon has a long, long, long way to go to be able to even sniff Lonesome Dove. Overall very disappointing. I won't be surprised if these are such money looses that the third and forth installments never make it to the theater. Don't waste your time.
I’d have to agree this isn’t Lonesome Dove quality. My point though is it’s just getting started. I believe it was a mistake to release it the way it’s been done.

I’m a sucker for a western, I’ve always like Costner in his western roles. Sad to say but it’ll take a bunch to run me off.

It’s been released on Max. If you have that subscription then you don’t have to buy it.
Watched it yesterday, and I liked it. Much better than a lot of the S#/% (stuff) that is on now.

I finally watched Horizon this week. Took me a few tries as it is long and I couldn’t stay awake.

Multiple part installments are very difficult to get right. There was a lot of going on and lot of storylines to introduce and develop.

I think when we get to sit down and watch all four installments together, it will be good. My biggest concern is if they make them all. Since the first one was box office flop, unless part two (and three) bring in a lot more coin, it would be hard to imagine funding a fourth.

Side note, I like Luke Wilson, but I didn’t buy-in on his Captain character. Sam Worthington was very good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back